Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ivory to Silver in between flight segments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Ivory to Silver in between flight segments

Thanks much for the awesome input by Richelieu in the FB FAQ Sticky. Background: I'm a F+ (Ivory) member (approx. 24k miles) based in the US.

I will be doing IAD-AMS-BOM-AMS-IAD (NW) over the summer. Per Richelieu I will be a F+ Silver member (is that the same as ST Elite?) (25k miles) in the IAD-AMS segment.

My questions:

1. Since I'm flying NW would I be eligible for the free upgrade on the rest of my segments of the itinery (AMS-BOM and BOM-AMS-IAD on my way back)?

2. For every mile beyond 25k (till I reach Gold at 40k) I should expect to be credited 150% of the miles flown?

Thanks -- ef
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by enthusiastic flier
1. Since I'm flying NW would I be eligible for the free upgrade on the rest of my segments of the itinery (AMS-BOM and BOM-AMS-IAD on my way back)?
Eh, which free upgrade are you referring to The only free upgrades are on domestic USA flights operated by NWA.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frankvb
Eh, which free upgrade are you referring to The only free upgrades are on domestic USA flights operated by NWA.
Must be my misinterpretation of the following mentioned in FB FAQ's...

"NW and Kenya Airways D and W fares are excluded, V only earns 25%, and free upgrades for elites"

Thanks for the clarification!!
Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by enthusiastic flier
Thanks much for the awesome input by Richelieu in the FB FAQ Sticky. Background: I'm a F+ (Ivory) member (approx. 24k miles) based in the US.

I will be doing IAD-AMS-BOM-AMS-IAD (NW) over the summer. Per Richelieu I will be a F+ Silver member (is that the same as ST Elite?) (25k miles) in the IAD-AMS segment.

My questions:

2. For every mile beyond 25k (till I reach Gold at 40k) I should expect to be credited 150% of the miles flown?

Thanks -- ef
There are no F+ members anymore, we are all in Flying Blue now. Yes - Silver in FB is SkyTeam Elite. Since you reside in USA, Gold will not get you to ST Elite Plus. You can expect to earn 150% until you reach gold, starting the day you are recorded as a silver member (the day after the flight that got you there, and they might not update it too fast - do send a fax to get the miles for the AMS - BOM
flight.)

No, you wont get 50% for every mile beyond 25,000. You start getting that when you're upgraded. I.e. when that first flight has posted.
I missed out on a 1800 bonus on a EWR-OSL segment because I qualified only earlier in the day rather than the day before.

No free upgrades.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Flying ZRH-CDG-PPT-CDG-ZRH I qualified for Silver on the return PPT-CDG leg (I guess CDG-PPT-CDG is the easiest way of getting silver status in one return trip), and got the bonus miles already for the CDG-ZRH leg. It might have been because the PPT-CDG leg is overnight, and CDG-ZRH was on the next day, although I had checked in when I was still Ivory.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
To have the system see you as a Silver Elite, I think you at check in need to ask them to put your number in again.
This is necessary as when you booked the flight, you were an Ivory member.

Gajan
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Gajan
To have the system see you as a Silver Elite, I think you at check in need to ask them to put your number in again.
This is necessary as when you booked the flight, you were an Ivory member.

Gajan
On my PPT-CDG-ZRH flight it worked automatically without having them put in the number again, but I might just have been lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.