Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$108 for an award ticket, PLUS taxes!?!?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pinkcity
Thank you , I will try...
But sincerely, I'm enraged as a matter of principle, type "it's the ones who speak the most of globalisation who are actually doing the least" ; Imagine KLM just taking only credit cards issued in Netherlands with adress there ! I can imagine the number of murdering posts in these lines... You would be unlikely to be the last, cfischer

But anyway, if american carriers wants to loose competitive advantages, it's their problem... Sure, they are currently making enough money
nope, I have a US$, EUR, and CHF credit card I am all set. And even if not, I find a way This US billing address thing is not only at nwa, there are a number of internet shops which will not allow you to use a non-US card. This has to do with an authentication via the billing address.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrissxb
its not only their websites. once, I had NWA in the US on the phone and was unable to finalize booking because of european credit card. bought the ticket at opodo
Opodo charges outrageous fees, I recently checked for a DL ticket and they wanted 50 EUR !!! . Check out weltentdecker.de ^ Or use any one of the many US internet-based travel booking sites, they almost all take non-US cards, even if they claim otherwise.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Opodo charges outrageous fees, I recently checked for a DL ticket and they wanted 50 EUR !!! . Check out weltentdecker.de ^ Or use any one of the many US internet-based travel booking sites, they almost all take non-US cards, even if they claim otherwise.
in this case, opodo were the only one who found a AUS-HNL ticket for the fare I wanted ... all others were far more expensive. But I admit, that I am not a big fan ...
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Are all these taxes charged to the credit card in the end? Back in the KLM days it was pretty normal for the booking engine to quote one price and charge another...
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by larsll
Are all these taxes charged to the credit card in the end? Back in the KLM days it was pretty normal for the booking engine to quote one price and charge another...
last time they did charge the full 189 EUR to my CC
Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by pinkcity
Yes, but I assume that for doing this, you have an account in US... [...]
Correct; this is using my US CC.

As for some of the other postings: I'd say KL and NW have split up the world, and you can purchase a ticket in any NW market with a CC local to that country, like it is for KL. At the same time I'm sensing that one can purchase a ticket on any of KL's local websites, even from outside that country. Perhaps that's nice. Not being able to do that is certainly not unique to NW, as cfisher pointed out.

As for LCCs like dba; hlx is actually selling tickets for €0 base fare. Now how is that possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.