Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No lounge access on MH, no elite bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:17 am
Original Poster

No lounge access on MH, no elite bonus

Took my first flight on MH economy after the launch of FB on DEL-SYD via KUL.
My experiences:

1. MH refused me a lounge pass at DEL and advised me to ask KL groundstaff. They took one look at my Gold FB card and issued me a lounge pass.

2. Walked into Business lounge at KUL in an authoritative manner, afraid that I would be stopped if I showed my boarding pass. I had a several hour layover so being denied access would have been a tragedy. In the event, got in all right.

3. MH at SYD refused me lounge access, showed me a memo from NW about WP members no longer getting access and one from KL about Silver FBs but when I asked for a letter about Gold FBs, they shrugged their shoulder. Note that the MH flight from SYD is a KL codeshare, but that made no difference.

4. Mileage credit has been posted and there is no elite bonus.

Now when were these changes notified to us????
Old Dec 8, 2005, 9:07 am

We were notified of those changes by omission. Remember, FB is all about improvement

1. FB lounge access is supposedly tied to Skyteam flights. MH doesn't grant it for coach passengers, even if Skyteam E+

2. I'm surprised you were not asked to show your BP; the lounge wardens at KLIA are quite condescending in rejecting FB elites. KL's designated lounge is the Plaza Premium lounge, but I haven't tried getting into it with an MH-coded coach ticket not bound for AMS in the past year.

3. IIRC having a KL ticket should get you into some Skyteam lounge, whereas an MH coach ticket on the same flight would not, notwithstanding your FB gold card.

4. No elite bonus, nor level miles, but MH miles usually post in 1-3 weeks. Personally I've been crediting MH flights to my LX account, where at least there are no restrictions on flights from KUL to CDG, ZRH, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:22 am

Programs: FB SE,*A gold, Air China companion
Am I correct to assume then that booking a flight, AMS - KUL, through either the KLM web site or by telephone and the flight was with ML under a KL number, then I would get award miles, but not level miles?
Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by TonyS
Am I correct to assume then that booking a flight, AMS - KUL, through either the KLM web site or by telephone and the flight was with ML under a KL number, then I would get award miles, but not level miles?
Thanks

Flights operated by MH only earn Award miles. Your statement is correct.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
This is still an issue in dispute.

FB Canada has said that MH flights with KL codeshares do count for Level miles. The T/C language is regrettably unclear.

This is a priority issue that I requested chrissxb to clarify, as it is a tangible, real-time issue vs. our wish lists for enhancements, improvements, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:27 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
From Oct 31...

Spoke with Canadian FB HelpDesk, specifically about the KL 4102 KUL-AMS.

CSR spoke with her Supervisor and determined that a KL or AF codeshare on non-Skyteam metal IS eligible for Level mileage, BUT that the mileage crediting must be done MANUALLY. Therefore, if you knowingly fly on a codeshare, it is your responsibility to contact FB to insure appropriate Level mileage crediting.

Not an elegant solution, by any means, but a solution nonetheless.

My modest suggestion is to contact FB BEFORE flying a codeshare flight and have them insert it into your record that FB acknowledges that:
* the codeshare flight is indeed eligible for Level miles
* the codeshare flight will indeed be manually inputted after flight completed
* the agent has his/her name inputted into your record as well for accountability

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by beaubo : Oct 31, 05 at 2:05 pm.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It seems that this is definitely needed for KL flights operated by MH.

My personal experience is that it is not needed for AF flights operated by OS or AY.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
My personal experience is that it is not needed for AF flights operated by OS or AY.
Anyone with experience on the AF codeshares operated by QF between SIN and Australia? Specifically on level miles and elite bonus.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 1:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
We dont care what your KLM status is...

While I got the statement above from MH ticketing staff in AMS when I requested an Exit seat (we give it only to pax taller than 1,95m - KLM requires 2m!) or the chance of paying a published promotional upgrade price (we have seats left but I don't sell it to you because you are on a KLM flight number)
the miles posted including elite bonus and level miles.
Beside from that it was obviously a week day for MH: I returned both meals almost untouched as they where inedible - that was the first time I did that on a long haul flight.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
bringing back to life this ancient thread...
Perhaps someone might have the answer...
Bought and award ticket KUL-BKK on FB. Flight is operated by MH. Would I get lounge access being OW Emerald??
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yes you will. The lounge is quite good.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yes you will. The lounge is quite good.
thanks for the prompt reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.