Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Offer to Tfer to WorldPerks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Flying Blue Offer to Tfer to WorldPerks

I can't believe it - my FD/FP miles no longer orphaned. I've just recieved the letter on FB stationary, dated 'Paris, 4th October 2005,

Dear Mr RASMCASM,
Thank you for informing us of your change of address to the United States. Although the Flying Blue program is available worldwide, we are pleased to inform you of an offer from our partner Northwest Airlines to transfer your membership., including Miles balance and Elite status, to WorldPerks, the frequent flier program of Northwest.

Miles transfer 1:1, just send in the form, etc.,.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:13 am
TWT

Programs: Executive Club, Flying Blue, SAS Eurobonus
Cant belive what?

I moved my adress to the United States in august, but only because I'm here on a 3 month job trip, and was hoping that they would send me my new FB gold card here. ( still not recived the regular one..hehe ) I also got the letter from FB sendt from Paris on October 4th asking if I wanted to move my miles to WorldPerks.
But as I see it, this is only an option and you dont have to do this. Right?
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TWT
I moved my adress to the United States in august, but only because I'm here on a 3 month job trip, and was hoping that they would send me my new FB gold card here. ( still not recived the regular one..hehe ) I also got the letter from FB sendt from Paris on October 4th asking if I wanted to move my miles to WorldPerks.
But as I see it, this is only an option and you dont have to do this. Right?
this is only an option!, but many of us would like to switch (WP has cool promos ^ , 100% miles on V-class etc. ), so this is great news! You can keep the FB account in the US but as gold elite you have to be careful, your status will only be ST elite and not elite plus, hence no lounge access with partner airlines, priority luggage etc.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 6:09 pm

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Mixed messages

This afternoon I rang up NWA WorldPerks to inquire about this, and the agent I spoke with said that NWA had no objections to converting FB accounts into its programme for people moving permanently to the USA. He mentioned that he had seen it done a few times already this month. Status transfers over directly, and there is no limitation on the number of miles that come in at 1:1. Once NWA receives the request/instruction from FB, it undertakes a simple account review to ensure that there are no duplicate postings of flights if the member already has/had an existing NWA WorldPerks account.

The one stipulation he made is that the request has to originate with Flying Blue, not Northwest.

Next call was to Flying Blue North America, in Kitchener, Ontario. The young woman I spoke with was adamant that such a thing was simply NOT POSSIBLE (and she's not even Dutch!) and that all such transfers ceased for good in June.

I told her that I was aware that such transfers did cease in March, when Flying Blue was announced, not June, when it began operation. However, NWA seems to have relented and is now accepting FB accounts at least on a case-by-case basis. She put me on hold while she consulted a supervisor and returned even more adamant than ever that FB accounts cannot be transferred to any other FF account ever, anywhere, anytime.

After 5 years Europe-based (BCN and LHR), I am now back in the US for the foreseeable future and would really like to consolidate accounts. Indeed, since the introduction of FB I have posted most of my SkyTeam flights to NWA, with the result that I'm now Platinum Elite on in both Flying Blue and WorldPerks (my WP account had been dormant the entire last 5 years). It would simplify things a lot to have my NW/KLM miles in just one place.

Question for rasmcasm... how did you approach or initiate the request to transfer miles? Did you write to the Paris Service Centre, or call? Or did Flying Blue initiate this when noting your North American address? Thanks for any guidance.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Horizons - YGPM

The offer was unsolicited, my balance and activity were negligible, and as I'm WorldPerks Platinum, the additional miles (once transfered) will be a nice little bonus.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:38 am

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
Could anyone post a copy of the transfer form, so the rest of us can use it before they change their mind again (assuming it is a generic form).

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:57 am
TWT

Programs: Executive Club, Flying Blue, SAS Eurobonus
FB-WorldPerks Change of membership

I dont want to change my membership to WorldPerks, so if you want my form you can have it Anywhere in New York you would like me to send it?
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:20 am

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TWT
I dont want to change my membership to WorldPerks, so if you want my form you can have it Anywhere in New York you would like me to send it?
Just got out of a hurricane shelter in Cancun.

Yes please send the form to me at the address I emailed you.is address.

Thank you very much. I´ll post a scanned copy when I get it if you don´t have time.

Last edited by ananthar; Oct 30, 2005 at 10:54 am
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:40 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Originally Posted by ananthar
I´ll post a scanned copy when I get it if you don´t have time.
Yes, PLEASE do post a scanned copy, many will appreciate it, and thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:28 pm

I also got the form letter after changing my address from UK to US. Have you changed your address in your KLM account to the USA? When I thought about doing this and called KLM Netherlands by phone, they said they could initiaite the transfer. I decided not too since I get great avblty on Biz awards to Europe, better than NWA or Delta and I am Plat with them. This was a KLM deal not a Air France deal. Not sure if it matters which account you had before the merger. You were not able to have a KLM account if you lived in N. America.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
I have several friends in US who would all most probably let me use their adress as a US based one. Is it worth it?

I've also heard on this board a rumor that there may be a change to the T&C as a numerous amount of complaints have been filed from FF.

So is it worth holding out to next year?

/E

Last edited by Emma65; Oct 27, 2005 at 8:27 am
Old Oct 27, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: Many
I have just updated a telephone # in my profile on the website, and here what was displayed :

Your updated profile has been taken into account.
Remark: If you move to the United States, please contact Flying Blue.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bodory
I have just updated a telephone # in my profile on the website, and here what was displayed :

Your updated profile has been taken into account.
Remark: If you move to the United States, please contact Flying Blue.
that's the usual generic message
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Emma65
I've also heard on this board a rumor that there may be a change to the T&C as a numerous amount of complaints have been filed from FF.

So is it worth holding out to next year?

/E
I don't know... I held out switching addresses 6 months ago to give FB a chance and have been sorry ever since. I'd say if it can be done now, there's a very good chance it won't last too long.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by cfischer
that's the usual generic message
For a KMLer, sure, because FD members moving to USA were offered WP. But it is new for ex FP members

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.