Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by GweiLoGopher
Booked a once in a lifetime business class using Amex points converted into Flying Blue miles to take my dad golfing in Scotland. Was a simple, one stop itinerary from INV-AMS-MSP on the way home. KLM for some unknown reason split the reservation into two separate tickets, canceled the AMS-MSP and then put us both on some of the worst itineraries I've ever seen (INV-AMS-ORD-ATL-DTW-MSP). Spent hours on hold only to get hung up on by the support desk. There's a Delta AMS-MSP flight with plenty of seats available, but KLM is saying there is no award space. I even requested INV-AMS-ORD-MSP, but despite the many Delta ORD-MSP each day there is no award availability.

What are my best options? As expected, a one way intl cash ticket booked on Delta is exorbitantly priced, even for economy. A refund is annoying because I won't get the Amex points back, just Flying Blue miles. The flight isn't for a couple months, is there a way to find when award availability is changed? I don't think I can deplane in Chicago and book a one way to MSP because we are checking golf bags.
In case anyone was sitting on the edge of their seats looking for resolution on this one... KLM changed it once again to a completely impossible itinerary, where INV-AMS lands AFTER AMS-ORD departs? How does their IT allow an impossible connection like that on a ticket?

Took me hours on hold to get through to them to cancel the tickets (naturally this can't be done online...). Obviously I should have stayed on the phone with them, because they only canceled one of the two tickets. I've called in multiple times since then and can't even get on with a person before the system just hangs up on me. Ended up disputing the transaction with Amex to at least get the $300 in taxes and fees back. I don't even care about the FB miles (which I would love to turn back into Amex points but I have long since given up on).

Pretty ridiculous for a global flag carrier airline.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kthpence
I'm a bit confused with FB website and difference between award pricing there and award pricing over the phone.

I currently have a SFO-CDG-LHR flight that was priced out at ~165k miles for J, but there's a chance I will need to go to ARN instead of LHR, so I called to put an award on hold for that and the phone agent said it was 55k miles for J. When I asked her to look at my current flight to LHR that was 165k, she said that was in fact 55k miles as well, despite showing as 190k miles online...

I'm actually hoping to go to Europe sooner than my current booking, and I'm wondering if it's worth calling FB and asking them to check various dates that are showing as astronomically priced on their website (i.e. 380k miles one way in J).

Obviously this was a pleasant surprise, but any chance this was maybe a mistake?
This is weird indeed but interesting...
The lesson to learn is maybe to always give a ring to FB when a high price in miles is seen online ?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
I have seen this recently too and can't get the website or app to show the lowest fare
Have you tried calling in to find and book the lowest fare? For some reason, I was able to view the lowest fare last night. I tried again today and can't see it anymore.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Does AF have free positioning flights with the business class mileage awards in the US? Long shot I know
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Does AF have free positioning flights with the business class mileage awards in the US? Long shot I know
nothing is free in this world, and particularly with award seats on domestic US flights. Availability on DL with FB miles is very very low, even in Y.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
nothing is free in this world, and particularly with award seats on domestic US flights. Availability on DL with FB miles is very very low, even in Y.
Please don't tell Alaska Airlines this. They gave me a free positioning flight from LAX to SEA in order to hop on my SEA-DUB on Aer Lingus Lie Flat for 60K miles. But then again maybe that's why some people AS program is "out of this world."
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tobikosan
Please don't tell Alaska Airlines this. They gave me a free positioning flight from LAX to SEA in order to hop on my SEA-DUB on Aer Lingus Lie Flat for 60K miles. But then again maybe that's why some people AS program is "out of this world."
Don't worry, I won't tell them !! .
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is weird indeed but interesting...
The lesson to learn is maybe to always give a ring to FB when a high price in miles is seen online ?
I am currently being quoted by the web site 426000 miles roundtrip for a CDG-SFO in Business in October 2022 ... WT*? 😳

I guess I am going to have to call FB because that is outrageous ....

Added: On the app it's about double that, by the way!
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by blairvanhorn; Jun 26, 2022 at 9:32 am Reason: Added app results
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:15 pm

Anyone ever have the FB website calendar and offered flights not line up? The award calendar shows me 134K miles for two pax in J for BCN-IAD on October 19, but clicking through shows me only weird 800K awards.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Anybody seen recently flights with China Airlines or Korean Air from Europe to West Coast or vv? I had a few flights booked but could not fly due to covid, would be nice to fly it now but availability seems dead to me.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:13 am

I have been trying to book MUM-SFO using FB Miles in sept/oct 2022. Dynamic pricing is causing some crazy miles requirement to fly BOM-AMS-SFO . But I find that two diff tickets using FB miles BOM-AMS and AMS-SFO are lot cheaper in terms of miles.If I buy two separate tickets , do I have to get out in AMS (get my bags and go through immigration) and re check-in again AMS for SFO flight?. Would it be possible to make it into single ticket?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There must be something wonky going on at air france website. A few weeks ago I saw plenty of award flights in 55K one-way in business to anywhere in Europe during the month of March/April 2023. Now everything is in the 120K to 250K one way. Is this normal? I don't believe all these business awards seats are booked.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Anybody seen recently flights with China Airlines or Korean Air from Europe to West Coast or vv? I had a few flights booked but could not fly due to covid, would be nice to fly it now but availability seems dead to me.
Not sure about CI but KE has pulled a ton of award seats. They used to have 3-4 J and at least 1 F seat on almost every flight but now its hard to find available seats even when using skypass miles.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:22 pm

thebluejean, I don’t know if this is the reason but AF just got some extra attention because of new VS inventory showing up. Bloggers wrote/talked about it.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rrgg
thebluejean, I don’t know if this is the reason but AF just got some extra attention because of new VS inventory showing up. Bloggers wrote/talked about it.
Looks like I found my answer in another thread: RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

Sigh, I just signed up 70K AF card last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.