Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Exclusive" Reservation Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:24 am

Programs: Many
Actually, after a quick search, I found the french elite number is published... on the old FP pages of a regional AF website !

I love AF webmasters.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:03 am
tlr

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Volvic
On my FB card, I have 2 lines :

Air France reservation
+33(0)14 .... the one mentioned above

KLM reservation
+31..."jumbo jumbo" (if you had a FD card you recognize it)

Anyway, I have 2 lines, one for AF and one for KLM. I doubt the first covers also the second !
Well, Jumbo-Jumbo is the number they put on the back of their Ivory cards, too... (That's the only plastic i have, after all.) So, to get this straight, there's a dedicated elite line with Air France, and a general reservation number with KLM? Or are there some variants of Jumbo-Jumbo?

(To top the stupidity, on cards they send to Luxembourg, they put a Belgian pay number for AF reservations whcih isn't even reachable from here. That despite the fact that there is an AF reservation hotline with a Luxembourg number.)
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:24 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
On gold and platinum card, there is the same jumbo jumbo number...
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
Actually, after a quick search, I found the french elite number is published... on the old FP pages of a regional AF website !

I love AF webmasters.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Sorry if I broke the forum rules by giving the Elite line number . I thought I would not since:
- It is obviously not a private number;
- It is made publicly available by AF (or rather, was made publicly available, but you can still find its trace on the Web);
- You cannot access the service if you are not authorized to (you have to be identified as Elite from your FB number until you can proceed with an agent).

Still, I have edited my post. However, I could not edit the quotes by Chrissxb and Johan Rebel ...

This being said, I like to hunt for standard (non overtaxed) versions of airline call center phone numbers. Most of them have one but you have to deploy a lot of rethorical gimmicks to obtain them. KLM/NW France has one .
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tlr
Well, Jumbo-Jumbo is the number they put on the back of their Ivory cards, too...
The NL number is just the normal KLM reservations phone number - it has been this for ages (except that Amsterdam phone numbers used to be shorter in the past, so probably once it was 020 747 747 ) The number is now +31 20 4 747 747. This number is published on the KLM website, though it takes some effort to get there - "About us" -> "Worldwide offices" then select 'Netherlands' and it will show up (slightly different names on non-English versions of the KLM site).

So no more elite reservations number for KLM
Old Sep 22, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum Elite
So no more elite reservations number for KLM .......Which is where Johan's thread began!

Why no Platinum Helpdesk when the website clearly claims a level of service for Platinum Elite customers that is totally opposite to what you actually get?

Why do the Platinum benefits continue to erode?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
to be blunt it is because they dont give a ****e about your business or anyone elses who posts on here, lots of fish in the sea philospophy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.