Wiki Posts
Search

See buy fly credit posting

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
See buy fly credit posting

How long does it normally take for the See buy fly (AMS shops) credits to post on your account?

A few months ago I bought something, forgot to give my FB card straight away, but it was processed straight after paying with a 'FB miles after purchase' or something transaction. I did get a paper copy of that. However the miles never appeared. It is hardly worth sending this to FB in france as the cost of the stamp will not cover the 29 miles...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: FB Plat, Lufthansa FT, Skywards Silver
Thumbs down

sometimes they need 2-3 months to credit the miles.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 8:28 am

Some of mine have never posted at all.

You are right though for the amount of messing around it takes for so little miles I never both to try to retro claim.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Airframe

You are right though for the amount of messing around it takes for so little miles I never both to try to retro claim.
Out of ~20 purchases, maybe one credited automatically (took approx. 2 weeks with FD). It is true that messing with a couple of miles is not worth it, but considering that I have to send in missing flight credit complaints anyway , why not make them pay for it and have them credit the 20-50 Miles per purchase . With FD such retro-credits normally took ~ 1 month, so far nothing from FB.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
30th of June

I bought Dufree on the 30th of June with my old FD card. I have a feeling this is going to take yonks, especially due to the transition to FB..
Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb
How long does it normally take for the See buy fly (AMS shops) credits to post on your account?
Most of my purchases never post. I gave up on it.

29 miles...
You are really desperate...
Old Sep 13, 2005, 2:36 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Only once had miles posted - gave up on it too!!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here.

For once we can not blame FB, it worked just as poorly with FD. I figure you have about a one in ten chance of your miles posting, although I must confess I have no recent experience. I usually carry on all my luggage, and even though I keep it to a minimum, the last thing I want to do is weigh myself down with tax free purchases.

Johan
Old Sep 13, 2005, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
For once we can not blame FB, it worked just as poorly with FD.
Never had a problem with FD though But maybe the Schiphol shops haven't quite updated to FB yet?

In the old days the (KLM) boarding pass was used to scan in the FD number, now with e-tickets (and not flying KLM...) that doesn't work any more and you need to give them your FB card. So I only remembered when getting out my credit card.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by Airframe

Most of mine have never been posted.

Most flights I've made I've done a couple of purchases in the SBF shops. I've think points have been posted once or twice. Out of three inflight purchases one has been posted.

FD/FB claimed SBF shops post point every 3 months. I'd say it's once in a blue moon.

/E
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Emma65
FD/FB claimed SBF shops post point every 3 months. I'd say it's once in a blue moon.
Now we find out why the program is called Flying Blue - providing service only once in a blue moon
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now we find out why the program is called Flying Blue - providing service only once in a blue moon
You are giving FB too much credit here! A blue moon actually occurs as often as once every 2.72 years. You don't seriously expect FB to respond any faster than that, do you?

Johan
Old Dec 20, 2005, 4:31 am
Original Poster

They've posted after 6 months!

and without sending in the correction form...

The miles were dated 06/19/2005, and somehow 5 miles were lost during these 6 months - 29 euro spend, 24 miles credited
Old Dec 20, 2005, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
and without sending in the correction form...

The miles were dated 06/19/2005, and somehow 5 miles were lost during these 6 months - 29 euro spend, 24 miles credited
nothing posted for me . I guess I won't hunt them down for 150 miles, maybe this is the only consistent thing transferring from FD , they SeeBuyFly miles NEVER posted.

Update: Got them, incorrect (-5 and -7 respectively) #s, but who cares. Those are still the ones from the old FD era. The miles from 4 weeks have not yet posted.

Last edited by cfischer; Dec 21, 2005 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 20, 2005, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I am waiting for my miles from 30 june 2005....

Although the transition to FB might have played a part here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.