Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I left FB, and now, whats your opinion ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
but we were all very happy to have FlyAirCanada here in April/May and early June.

Good job !!! ^ ^ ^

I still remember SERPENTOS AIRLINES
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by flyaircanada
Anyway, nice to be back with you guys ! If you still have something like top10 questions to FB, let me know, I will try to contact former colleagues, but it will take much more time to get the answer.
So you will be contacting your former colleagues by e-mail?

Well, good luck with your new job. As you yourself said, your tenure here as a FB "lurker" was very short-lived, and came at a time of the pre-launch and launch of the newly merged program, which was filled with quite a bit of confusion and contradictory information (including some of yours).

In fact, FB was so weak in officially communicating in a timely fashion most of the pertinent information that concerned us that most of the useful stuff I learned I got straight from the non-official posts of my fellow FTers here in this forum ... this pertinent information continues to leak out of FB in slow drips and is still at times quite confusing and contradictory (and as more than one person here has suggested, it often seems as if they are making it up as they go along).

So while your offer to keep us informed by means of your ex-colleagues is kind on your part, past and current experience lead me to believe that it won't be of much help at all ... not now or in the near future, in any case, as the program still seems to be quite unsettled.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by chrissxb
but we were all very happy to have FlyAirCanada here in April/May and early June.

Good job !!! ^ ^ ^

I still remember SERPENTOS AIRLINES

I LAUGHED uproariously !!
By the way flyaircanada, I'm still working hard on my own airline , dont forget you'll be lifetime Serpentoplat !
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Serpentos
Hum, not very fair...
Thank you Flyaircanada for all the help you brought in here, i really appreciated. Good Luck at SAA !

Well, suffice it to say that my comments were based on non-public conversations that others were not privvy to. So, isn't really in order based on the previous sentence. I'll leave it at that and complete my participation on this thread.

On another note, it is nice to see some of the former F+ members back on - it's been primarily KLM lately!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dctorres
On another note, it is nice to see some of the former F+ members back on - it's been primarily KLM lately!
yes. where have they been?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
yes. where have they been?
On hold listening to music of course.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmcg
On hold listening to music of course.

The AF board was never as lively and active as the FD board, partly because, I assume, a substantial number of AF flyers are not English-speaking.
It is, therefore, no surprise that there should be more posts from ex-FDers than ex-F+ers.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB

The AF board was never as lively and active as the FD board, partly because, I assume, a substantial number of AF flyers are not English-speaking.
It is, therefore, no surprise that there should be more posts from ex-FDers than ex-F+ers.
it was nice on the AF board, it was nice on the FD board and lets try to get the FB board OUR new home without flaming eachother.

Last edited by chrissxb; Jul 18, 2005 at 12:25 pm Reason: typo: no more FD ... it's a new thing no one wants to call by name
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I suspect the AF board was quieter because the members didn't have daily outrages to share and commiserate about. Now that we have the best of Dutch hospitality and French efficiency in one place, I guess we'll see...

(disclaimer: I am one of the two)
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Besides, a number of the plans you had hoped for never materialized. It's a good thing we didn't go ahead with your initial request some months ago, remember?
You are right Dctorres! Since the beginning I did not trust that guy. It is precisely the reason why I never asked him something. BTW his history about F+ he left blablabla don't ring true. Concerning the little information he brought to the board, I would say that they came from a contact he had at F+.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:56 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
lets try to get the FD board OUR new home without flaming eachother.
So, a typo or high treason ??? I would suspect the latter.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 18, 2005 at 11:59 am
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M FTL
This is really sad ! what a misunderstanding.

Colkurt, for the whole period where I was in contact with this forum, and I talked a lot with Derektorres, I provided the information that I had at F+. I think there are enough posts in the former F+ forum ! This is outrageous to read that you think that I putted just some blabla !
Thank god, I have a witness. Just ask Creber, I had him on the phone and I helped him for a serious problem !

You know, it hurts (I know maybe you don't care) when you are sincere and some people stay mefiant or don't believe !

Anyway, I don't mind, you can just delete the post !
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Again, let's be grateful for the information that flyaircanada provided us and let's not shoot the messenger (that goes for me too). my concern was just why there was interest from someone no longer with the company, that's all.

sorry for creating a polemic!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Colkurt
You are right Dctorres! Since the beginning I did not trust that guy. It is precisely the reason why I never asked him something. BTW his history about F+ he left blablabla don't ring true. Concerning the little information he brought to the board, I would say that they came from a contact he had at F+.
Little information ? My god, seems like one cannot enter this forum without being coopted ?
I personnaly dont mind about flyaircanada background, his help (her ? I have a doubt ) was huge and accurate, considering that F+ employee were themselves left alone with their questions (I do KNOW someone working there).
So please, it is quite unpleasant to see that topic moving to a "did you trust him" thread.
Ok, everyone is free to think whatever he wants, but I really hope you appreciated his contribution in terms of empathy...
Again, thanks flyaircanada, you posted the funniest post I have ever read at Flyertalk so far......Serpentos Airline !
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:52 pm

Again, let's be grateful for the information that flyaircanada provided us and let's not shoot the messenger (that goes for me too). my concern was just why there was interest from someone no longer with the company, that's all.

sorry for creating a polemic!
Thank you Dctorres, this honnors you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.