Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:13 am
Suspended

Hi

the login is the same for KLM and Air France, therefore if you log on KLM.com you should be able to see your Flying BLue number

you can only earn miles at one program at a time

so when book or take your flight, you may register only one program, FB or DS
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by UGATraveler
-I am Platinum on Delta Skymiles and zero Flying Blue miles. How do the miles get allotted when I fly on KLM with a Flying Blue and Delta Skymiles Account? How do they determine which account the miles go towards?

Thanks in advance for your help-
If you are already Platinum with DL why do you still want your miles to go into a new KL FB account? I would have the points transfer to DL. Just mention the DL number when you make the booking or show your DL card upon check-in.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Flying Blue (Lifetime) Status

Questions about lifetime status:
  • Is there no gold lifetime status?
  • For platinum lifetime status: what are the conditions? Is it ten years Platinum in a row or is it ten years in life?

Question about gold status:
  • My gold status will expire by end of this year because I had zero flight on my KLM account. Can I have 15 segments in Jan/Feb 2014, fall back to silver in March 2014, then one segment in March 2014 and have the status extended until end Feb 2016?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Questions about lifetime status:
  • Is there no gold lifetime status?
  • For platinum lifetime status: what are the conditions? Is it ten years Platinum in a row or is it ten years in life?
No Gold for life and Ten years Platinum in a row. If you search, there is a nice long thread about Lifetime Platinum status here.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Question about gold status:
  • My gold status will expire by end of this year because I had zero flight on my KLM account. Can I have 15 segments in Jan/Feb 2014, fall back to silver in March 2014, then one segment in March 2014 and have the status extended until end Feb 2016?
If you qualify for Silver during 2014 (and you would be doing that through your 15 segments), yes, it would be valid through Feb 2016 (year you acquire the status, the full next calendar year, and the 2 month grace period). You would not even need that extra segment in March 2014.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:00 am
Suspended

3 weeks after my online shopping i decided to call Flying Blue because i had stopped receiving any news by email

called them, the person had me wait for a few minutes and suddently after the call, the transactions appeared on the website as pending...
Old Dec 1, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone else go into the Flying Blue account summary and print off anymore than a few months of statements? You used to be able to scroll through the whole year but since they changed the layout I am now unable to. It would also appear you should be able to scroll through the pages, but alas there are no page buttons.

Last edited by Schwann; Dec 1, 2013 at 6:25 am
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: Many
Same here.

You can use the mobile website to access your data.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Same for me for the last weeks
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:48 am

I have emailed them about it.. a PITA because I need a copy printed for the THY status match; but I didn't tell them that. ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion RE the mobile app. Good backup I guess!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:21 am

You could always search by period, and do 1 month at a time. Yes, a pain, but it would get you the list.

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:30 am

Good idea; will do that instead then. Do they not bother testing these new style webpages before they go live?

No, of course not silly idea...
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Good idea; will do that instead then. Do they not bother testing these new style webpages before they go live?

No, of course not silly idea...
Why would they? They follow the Microsoft testing strategy: release it to the general public, and you will have free testing

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 7, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Hello !

i have a small question about the program. i tried looking up inventory for DL transcontinental service in J (JFK-LAX) for other SkyTeam members (i'm planning on using OK+ miles)

but in the moment i write in destination and departure 2 US cities. it takes out the J option for the search and only let you look up economy

you cant book J inside the US with FB? or other SkyTeam programs?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:53 am

A question regarding miles posting...

JFK-CDG was operated by Air France as AF007 but booked on a DL flight number/codeshare. The CDG-BHX leg was operated by Air France and booked on an AF flight number. Long story as to why that is.. just how the OTA did it when I had an INVOL rebooking.

The CDG-BHX miles have posted already (this flight was actually the day after the JFK-CDG arrived) but the JFK-CDG flight has not.

Is this usual when booked as a DL codeshare or should I be prepared to nag for them?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.