Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Flying Blue Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2005, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M FTL
for the cards, its in progress, but it obviously takes some time !!!!

We are not very happy about it !
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Luxair : As long as you fly on an AF code share Flight, you earn miles.

Mileage earning in France :

N G U class : No Miles

E/W/A class: ivory 250 Status Miles (qualifying miles/status milesSM);
Silver 500SM + 250 NonSM
Gold 500SM + 375 NSM ; Platinum 500SM + 500 nSM

Y/B/S (S:abonnés) class : ivory 1000SM ; Silver 1000SM + 250 nSM
Gold 1000Sm + 375nSM ; Platinum 1000Sm + 500 nSM

Other NEWS

- ONE WAY Flight Award possible on AF/KL. It will soon be possible on NW and KQ (Kenya Airways which will join Skyteam as soon as possible)

- Qualifying miles also on Kenya Airways

- Alaska / Malaysia will become Partners (the agreement with South African is finished aswell as for TAM on the France-Brazil tickets)

- The AF opti miles will become Open Miles (mileage remains the same for the wards)

finally :

upgrades possible from :

When buying ticket in France

long haul : Y -- JC
CAribbean indian Ocean :M -- S
european : Y/S/B

When buying ticket abroad

long haul : Y/B/K -- J/C/D
CAribbean indian Ocean M/B/K -- S/A
european : S/B/S/K

And on ALL KLM flights from S/B

As Usual, hope it helps...

Last edited by flyaircanada; Apr 22, 2005 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Question

Originally Posted by flyaircanada
When buying ticket abroad
Do you mean an outbound segment to France? Or is an e-ticket purchased on a non-French website considered as "bought abroad"?
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

its normally when you buy your ticket outside france and the first flight segment is not in France :

i.e. FRA - CDG - ATL
Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Do international tickets booked in N class still earn miles ?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:43 am
Original Poster

25% on N Class on AF european flights
25% in L class on AF long haul flights
25% on all V E N class on KLM flights.

So it seems to mee that you earn miles on N class.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 4:54 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
flyaircanada thank you for all your help. I have a question but you don't have to answer it if you don't want to of course. How have the rules been decided? Has there been any input from the members themselves or other market researches? Does the management care about input?
Thank you for any answers.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 5:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club

Thanks for the information, although it is MOST unwelcome news and a substantial downgrade of benefits.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
25% in L class on AF long haul flights.
I can't believe it! If this is official, it becomes absolutely pointless to make a few personal trips during the year to help achieving status.

The signal I hear here is: "We don't really need that you spend 2.000 euros for your personal trips and achieve status with them. If you really insist, please be ready to pay 30 or 40% more in order to get your qualifying miles".

FB is definetely imitating the worst practices of the competition's Frequent Flyer programs. That's going to change dramatically my travel plans for 2005. No more long-haul economy AF flights for my business trips just to get the miles. I will now strictly stick to my company's travel policy: cheapest business class tickets for long-haul travel. Which means BA or LH 80% of the time, their fares being 30% cheaper with 1 connection in FRA, LHR or MUC.

Worst news of the day.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:10 am

It seems V class will earn full mileage on AF and only 25% on KLM. How can they explain this to the customers. Many times they advertise thay with AF/KLM, you can book an outgoing trip with AF and return trip with KLM. So, under the same ticket for example LHR-CDG-ATL you would get full mileage and if your return is ATL-AMS-LHR you only get 25%. Seems odd to me except if I got something wrong.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:13 am

This is not surprising me if you read this other news in Yahoo France,

http://fr.biz.yahoo.com/050420/17/4dk34.html

Par ailleurs, il est rappelé que, conformément à l'application des normes comptables, les 'miles' probabilisés au fur et à mesure de leur acquisition par les adhérents sont comptabilisés en diminution du chiffre d'affaires et inscrits en dette au bilan.

Au 31 mars 2004, les dettes cumulées d'Air France (Paris: FR0000031122 - actualité) (80 ME) et de KLM (34 ME) correspondant aux 'miles' acquis par leurs membres respectifs s'élevaient à 114 ME.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
This is definetely worse than LH and worse than what happened at Delta with their 2004 Medallion changes.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 11:58 am

I remember, that ten years ago, when the long haul flight fares were called
Tempo 1 (K class), Tempo 2 (H class), Tempo 3 (T class), and Tempo 4 (V class), (L and N classes have been added afterwards as Tempo 5 and 6), Tempo 4 did not earn any miles.

Also, COI routes only earn 50 %. So this is only a little backtrack to ten years ago.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
It seems V class will earn full mileage on AF and only 25% on KLM. How can they explain this to the customers. Many times they advertise thay with AF/KLM, you can book an outgoing trip with AF and return trip with KLM. So, under the same ticket for example LHR-CDG-ATL you would get full mileage and if your return is ATL-AMS-LHR you only get 25%. Seems odd to me except if I got something wrong.
The point is, KLM's V and AF's are not the same thing. Last summer I flew SVO-AMS-BCN-CDG-SVO, both segments on KL metal were in V, the inbound (AF) was in N.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
hello
maybe this question was discussed before, but i'd like to know:
i did qualify last week for another year FP rouge with 30 international flights (living in France). does it mean i'll be another year (until march 2007) FB gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.