Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too many XP?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Too many XP?

I just booked VIE-AMS-GDN/WAW-CDG-VIE ticket. During the booking flow, the system showed that I should gain 15 XP for VIE-AMS-GDN. I assumed that this is just some bug, but even after completing the booking, it still shows 25 XP for the entire ticket (i.e. 15 XP for outbound and 10 XP for inbound).

Am I missing something? Is AMS-GDN 10 XP for some reason?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by the810
Am I missing something?
The website frequently shows incorrect earning information. You should just learn to ignore any such reported earning amounts and instead rely on your own knowledge of the programme.

The only definitive source of XP earning information for any flight you have yet to fly is the Flight Type Simulator.

Is AMS-GDN 10 XP for some reason?
No. It earns 5XP in Economy (and 15XP in Business), just like each of the other sectors on your ticket.
the810 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I just booked VIE-AMS-GDN/WAW-CDG-VIE ticket. During the booking flow, the system showed that I should gain 15 XP for VIE-AMS-GDN. I assumed that this is just some bug, but even after completing the booking, it still shows 25 XP for the entire ticket (i.e. 15 XP for outbound and 10 XP for inbound).

Am I missing something? Is AMS-GDN 10 XP for some reason?
did you by any chance add the SAF option somewhere?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Or, if you have an ALL (Accor) account, did you just link it with your FB account ?
irishguy28 and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by straniero
did you by any chance add the SAF option somewhere?
Nope.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Or, if you have an ALL (Accor) account, did you just link it with your FB account ?
Bingo. This could be it (although I will earn the extra 5 XP on an earlier flight, but this is the first I booked after linking the accounts).
atflyer and Goldorak like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:13 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I had consistently promised 27 XP extra for SAF which I tried to buy, but for which payment (in miles) somehow was rejected. I never bothered correcting this. After the flight I just got my 20 XP for the ticket flown without the SAF XP. It is often these kind of things....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.