Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

First instead of given forename in booking — tolerance for status recognition?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

My Skyteam status is registered under my given forename, which I normally use to travel — but I have a ticket coming up that has been booked under my first forename (which I never use). I imagine that my status will not be automatically verified in my booking — can this be overridden for lounge access etc by showing proof of my status combined with my passport (which obviously contains all my forenames)?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:43 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliα silver.
Given forename?

First forename?

What is the difference?

If lounge entrance is your only worry, you might indeed solve the problem after some explanation.

Miles won't post though. Name in FB must match the one on the ticket.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
but I have a ticket coming up that has been booked under my first forename (which I never use)
It would be advisable to invoke the name correction procedure so that the "correct" form of your name appears on the ticket before you commence travel.

And ensure that anyone with responsibility for booking travel for you knows the "correct" name to use in future.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It would be advisable to invoke the name correction procedure so that the "correct" form of your name appears on the ticket before you commence travel.

And ensure that anyone with responsibility for booking travel for you knows the "correct" name to use in future.
Thanks, I've read about that procedure and it sounds great — but I thought it was for spelling changes rather than inserting a different name?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliα silver.
Thanks, I've read about that procedure and it sounds great — but I thought it was for spelling changes rather than inserting a different name?
I repeat:

Given forename?

First forename?

What is the difference?
ATLCDG likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I repeat:

Given forename?

First forename?

What is the difference?
I have three forenames, "Alpha" "Bravo" "Charlie". In my culture, we don't refer to "first name" or give it any prominence over the other forenames — we have an officially registered given name which can be any one of your forenames, and in my case happens to be "Charlie".
Goldorak and Fredrik74 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have three forenames, "Alpha" "Bravo" "Charlie". In my culture, we don't refer to "first name" or give it any prominence over the other forenames — we have an officially registered given name which can be any one of your forenames, and in my case happens to be "Charlie".
Thanks for the explanation. Your official name (the one appearing on your ID/passport) must be the one on your ticket and the one used for your frequent flyer programs.
Verboten likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks for the explanation. Your official name (the one appearing on your ID/passport) must be the one on your ticket and the one used for your frequent flyer programs.
Thanks. All my forenames are listed on my ID/passport and I've used my given (third) name on tickets as well as frequent flier programmes since I first joined one in 1991. If I may bring this back to the situation of this thread, my hunch is that KLM-Air France would not be particulatly cooperative if I asked them to change the forename on my ticket from "Alpha" to "Charlie".
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:28 pm

Why would they be cooperative ? This is a major change, not the correction of a spelling mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.