Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying blue redemption on CI flight with infant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024 | 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Flying blue redemption on CI flight with infant

I recently have booked KUL-TPE flying on CI metal with Flying Blue. Adult redemption seems smooth enough.

​​​However I am facing a lot of trouble with the request to CI on lap infant and has been given the runaround without a solution.

I called up CI KUL office for an infant ticket which I have paid. Then I called FB KUL redemptions which 'linked' the tickets by adding a remark on the original redemption ticket. FB confirmed that I will be able to check in as such.

I called CI KUL again to confirm that I will not face any further issues but they told me that adding remarks does not work. If somehow there are too many infants on the flight and I check in too late, my infant may not be allowed to board. They ask that I request FB to add my infant's name onto the original booking. FB informed me that if they do so, my booking may get cancelled by CI. I have asked FB to call CI team and vice versa, yet both sides refused to call each other. An email that loops both of them in seems to fall on deaf ears.

Separately, I also called up CI TPE and the person informed that she has sent an email to both KUL and TPE check in counters. I am not sure what does this achieve.

Need advice on what should I do?

​​​​​​
Old Feb 14, 2024 | 2:32 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
How did CI KUL office issue the infant ticket without associating it to the adult? Surely they would've asked for your FB-issued ticket number? If so, I don't think anything further is needed. Going back and forth between FB and CI from that point on is unnecessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.