Wiki Posts
Search

Air France or KLM Business Class Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Air France or KLM Business Class Advice

Hi all,

I'm planning to book a flight from SFO-BGO in late July, and there is J availability w/ both AF & KLM ... KLM flight would be shorter w/ only 1 stop in AMS, operated by the 787, and get in at a more palatable time of day (1:25PM). AF flight would be an overnight flight on the A350 w/ two stops (CDG & AMS), and arrive to Bergen at ~11PM.

I'm leaning towards the KLM flight as it's supposed to have the new J, but my biggest concern would be an equipment swap to the 2-2-2 layout, whereas the chances of not getting direct aisle access on AF are non-existent (I think?), and I don't mind getting in late to Bergen necessarily. I also would prefer to fly the new J on AF & prefer AF in general, but to save 3-4 hours of travel time, I'd be ok to go w/ KLM in this instance ... how common are KLM equipment swaps, and if they did have an equipment swap, would Flying Blue let me change my flight to the AF option easily ?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:07 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Also consider the transit, depending on your passport. You are going non-Schengen to Schengen. Whether you want to deal with that in CDG or at your destination.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: FB Gold
I would go for the KLM flight. One less correspondance/stop is one less point for something to go wrong in case of IRROPS. Given the JO 2024 are taking place in Paris at the end of July, I would avoid CDG if at all possible just given the crowds.

Equipment swaps can happen on any airline, and AF is not exempt from this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.