Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to use my miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Best way to use my miles

I have many miles and am thinking of using them gradually in 2024. What is the best way to get a high value for money? Should I look up flights and compare the EUR and Miles prices? What's a good "exchange rate"? Or is there another more efficient way? I probably will not make trips just to spend the miles, so the Promo Awards may not be the best option, although I don't really know. I had never used miles before for anything.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you,

Mike
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:53 am

Use them for Premium cabins...not Economy.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
Use them for Premium cabins...not Economy.
Do you mean to purchase Buinsess Seats directly? Or for upgrades?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
As far as I'm concerned, promo awards and sometimes (definitely not always...) DoD upgrades are the best ways to spend FB miles.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mike_Paris
Do you mean to purchase Buinsess Seats directly? Or for upgrades?
Directly.

Using miles for upgrades is never guaranteed, and you end up paying almost as many miles as if you redeemed outright into business in the first place.
trooper likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.