Wiki Posts
Search

AIR EUROPA as Flying Blue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
AIR EUROPA as Flying Blue

Hi everyone, I will be flying UX next month within Spain and I booked in Economy Lite. It recognized my FB number (shows as "AF ELIP", I'm Platinum) but I cannot select a seat without paying.

I am ok if I end up waiting for check-in to select a seat, but I will not be that happy if I don't get fast track and lounge access at the airport. I chose UX over Iberia because I have status with FB and that makes my experience on the ground so much better.

Has anyone recently flown UX as a FB elite and can confirm how much of the FB program is preserved?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:02 am

You can check on SkyTeam website with your exact itinerary for SkyPriority and lounge access eligibility. As an elite plus member flying on UX, you should have them.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat
I had never checked the SkyTeam website for this information, but you are right.

The SkyTeam website confirmed that because it is a national flight it means (only for business) and no priority security line (only for business). So I will not have the benefits that I am used to but because it is in a national flight, not because of not recognizing FB. I do get others, like priority boarding and check in in the business counter. Interesting mix.

Thank you
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
Hi everyone, I will be flying UX next month within Spain and I booked in Economy Lite. It recognized my FB number (shows as "AF ELIP", I'm Platinum) but I cannot select a seat without paying.

I am ok if I end up waiting for check-in to select a seat, but I will not be that happy if I don't get fast track and lounge access at the airport. I chose UX over Iberia because I have status with FB and that makes my experience on the ground so much better.

Has anyone recently flown UX as a FB elite and can confirm how much of the FB program is preserved?
Yes, many times.
Within Spain you will get
- Priority check in
- One bag checked in free of charge
- Fast track security if available
- Priority boarding
- Access to preferred seats when checking in at the airport
- No lounge acess unless flying in business of having a same day connnecting Skyteam flight from or to Spain
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Hi everyone, I will be flying UX next month within Spain and I booked in Economy Lite. It recognized my FB number (shows as "AF ELIP", I'm Platinum) but I cannot select a seat without paying.?
Its not free anymore for FB elite members due to the fact that UX splitted from FB to launched Suma

As others said pretty much everything except miles upgrade and free seating options
AnaTFN likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 19, 2023 at 8:51 am
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:53 am

Assuming BIO-MAD domestic UX, SkyPriority is available to ST E+.

Lounge access is only for int'l pax.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Not getting lounge access on a domestic itinerary should be expected as it is a generic Skyteam rule.
irishguy28, Fabo.sk, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It recognized my FB number (shows as "AF ELIP", I'm Platinum) but I cannot select a seat without paying.
Air France and KLM allow you, as Platinum, to pick any seat for free from the moment of booking even on Light fares, because they are recognising you as a top-tier member in their own frequent flyer programme, and not because this is a Skyteam alliance-wide requirement.

Allowing Skyteam Elite Plus members to pick seats for free from the time of booking, or waiving all seating fees, is *NOT* a Skyteam benefit, and you have no valid expectation of any other Skyteam airlines allowing you to do so just because AF and KL do. (It's not uncommon for airlines to give greater "perks" to their own frequent flyers, or from those of very closely associated partners. For instance, Delta and Virgin recognise each other's frequent flyers in ways that are sometimes over and above the basic Skyteam requirements, and which go beyond the recognition and benefits they extend to Flying Blue status pax)
AnaTFN likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 19, 2023 at 10:31 am
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:39 pm

Last time I flew with UX (back in June), I was able to select seats behind the exit row for free (they even said that this is possible as ELITE). Did they completely remove it now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.