Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France-KLM and Etihad Airways expand partnership to enhance commercial and operat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France-KLM and Etihad Airways expand partnership to enhance commercial and operat

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2023, 3:55 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)

Link:

https://www.airfranceklm.com/en/news...nd-operational
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: FB Gold
Indeed, the options appear on the booking platforms. For ZRH-MNL it offers connections in CDG and AUH but with a total travel time of close to 29hrs it won't be an option for me at this moment.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 6:56 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would be excited to see if this means that Etihad F awards would be available using Flying Blue miles! One can always hope...
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Good move, especially in times of an ever shrinking Skyteam footprint...
fifty_two likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I am very happy to read that
Old Sep 7, 2023, 12:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ofj
I would be excited to see if this means that Etihad F awards would be available using Flying Blue miles! One can always hope...
most probably yes.. but I can't imagine what "discounted" price/number of miles they would be asking for - it would be more exciting if those booked in F on EY (irrespective of ticket number/method) can use the F facilities of AF at CDG

Cheers!
glennhaak likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 1:14 pm
ofj

Originally Posted by nldogbert
most probably yes.. but I can't imagine what "discounted" price/number of miles they would be asking for - it would be more exciting if those booked in F on EY (irrespective of ticket number/method) can use the F facilities of AF at CDG

Cheers!
I forgot about that! Flying EY F, getting access to the LP lounge at CDG....that would be amazing. But hey, if EY F can be bought with FB miles, and at a lower cost than LP, I would seriously consider it.

Also, I I do wish that this partnership extended to routes in North America - their press release omits any mentioning of that.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Good move, especially in times of an ever shrinking Skyteam footprint...
What with the rapprochement between Israel and the UAE (with Saudi rumored to be fairly soon), DL's partnership with LY, and AFKL's partnership with EY, I don't think it's inconceivable that we see both EY and LY join SkyTeam (along with maybe RX). EY demonstrated how difficult it is to take on EK/QR/TK without having a scaled alliance to help with feed; SkyTeam is more likely to accept those 2-3 than OW (QR) or *A (TK and AI will both view EY/RX as a competitive threat).
Old Sep 7, 2023, 10:55 pm
ofj

Originally Posted by hhdl
I don't think it's inconceivable that we see both EY and LY join SkyTeam (along with maybe RX). EY demonstrated how difficult it is to take on EK/QR/TK without having a scaled alliance to help with feed; SkyTeam is more likely to accept those 2-3 than OW (QR) or *A (TK and AI will both view EY/RX as a competitive threat).
as someone who credits exclusively to FB and flies SkyTeam, this would be amazing if it happens. More options are always good - especially since *A has so much connectivity compared to the other two.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:11 pm

Is this a step closer to bring Etihad to Sky team? If so, Etihad would be among the top airlines in the alliance (together with China Airlines)
Digicola likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Considering the implosion of Etihad Partners, EY has every incentive to join an alliance, but OW has QR and *A probably isn't looking to add a desert partner between Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines. SkyTeam seems like the most logical option. I could see AF sponsoring their entry in a couple of years.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed
EY has lost its fight against its largest competitors QR and EK.
With QR in OW and a very close cooperation with BA, it is even more difficult for EY to survive independently. QR is now using avios that can be transferred at will between its own program and BAEC.
EY is getting closer to ST.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:13 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Earning Flying Blue Miles and XP on Etihad flights cannot come soon enough, this is good news (makes a change). Currently planning a winter 2023 trip, doubt FB earning on EY flights will be in place then though.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
most probably yes.. but I can't imagine what "discounted" price/number of miles they would be asking for - it would be more exciting if those booked in F on EY (irrespective of ticket number/method) can use the F facilities of AF at CDG.
Originally Posted by ofj
I forgot about that! Flying EY F, getting access to the LP lounge at CDG....that would be amazing. But hey, if EY F can be bought with FB miles, and at a lower cost than LP, I would seriously consider it.
I really doubt AF will open its super exclusive P lounge and services to any partner. But, of course, I can be wrong. Just my gut feeling.
irishguy28 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
EY F seats are a notch above AF F seats. And the Residence was amazing.

I once went to the EY F lounge in Abu Dhabi and it was amazing (I think that they closed the spa now). I even smoked a cigar (purchased at a reasonable price) in their cigar room. If AF gets to use their lounge in AUH, maybe it is worth reciprocating.
But EY does not currently offer F from CDG, so that is an hypothetical question.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.