Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status gold earned between reservation.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Status gold earned between reservation.

Hello to everyone. I have a question for which I can’t find an answer.

Let’s assume that today, mid august, while I am a silver member I book a flight for November.
In September i earn enough XP to level up to gold.

Would my November flight be affected by the gold benefits (ie. Sky priority) I have earned in the meanwhile but AFTER I actually bought that flight?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:07 am

Depends on how you earned the XP.
Level up by XP earned with flights will certainly count for your already purchased flights.
Level up by XP earned with credit card bonus may not count. In this case though, the condition should be mentioned in terms & conditions.
Not sure about other methods of XP earning.
You can verify on booking details page what FF status you are flying as after you have levelled up. The change will be reflected here if applicable.
If the new status is not applied, you could still cancel and rebook at your discretion.
rondinix likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
The XP I would earn before the November flight but after the purchase already happened, all come from flights.

I am currently a Silver member with 135 XP and the November ticket was bought yesterday.
Between September and October I will earn at least 96 XPs.
So by end October I will be a gold member.

The thing is I cannot cancel my November reservation since it is managed by my employer.

Wouldn’t they be able to detect my updated status even if the ticket was bought when I was still a Silver?
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You will get all the at-airport benefit per your status. In advance benefits like ASR might not pick up, but removing and reapplying your FB number should fix that.
rondinix likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rondinix
Would my November flight be affected by the gold benefits (ie. Sky priority) I have earned in the meanwhile but AFTER I actually bought that flight?
Yes.

Once you have earned Gold status, you have all the benefits of Gold.
rondinix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.