Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticketing itineraries not available on AF/KL websites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2023, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Ticketing itineraries not available on AF/KL websites

I have been looking for some flights from HAJ to SCL in J on AFKL and the airfares that come up are quite a bit higher than where I'd prefer them to be. So doing some digging on EF and ITA Matrix I found that there is a fare class within which I should be able to get a ticket with flights operated by AF until LIM and then LATAM to SCL. There are seats available in the appropriate booking classes, and ITA Matrix is even able to pull up a full fare construction.

Of course, neither the AF or KL websites show the fare as a possibility. In the past I have used a travel agent to help get such tickets, but I am wondering if anyone has had success by asking the PSL (or their TA for Ultimates) to get an itinerary not showing on the AF/KL websites to be ticketed. Of course, I would provide them the entire fare construction required for this as well. Just looking for any experiences you guys might have had with something like this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Just to add, I am able to get the itinerary to price out on the AF and KL websites by using a multi-stop itinerary. Essentially as a HAJ-LIM / LIM-SCL / SCL-LIM / LIM-HAJ itinerary. With this I can see the price, as I expect it. But of course, not all the flights that I would prefer to have show up on the multi-stop search. I also wonder if using multi-stop would mean that AF and then LATAM won't check my bags through, necessitating re-checkin at LIM (which would be nice to avoid).
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
I also wonder if using multi-stop would mean that AF and then LATAM won't check my bags through, necessitating re-checkin at LIM (which would be nice to avoid).
Should be no problem if all on one ticket.
SteamyUncle and sehgalanuj like this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I successfully constructed tickets in the past with the PSL for itineraries or fare classes that didn’t display on the website but were available according to EF, but that was a couple of years ago.

If there are still competent, they should be able to help you, assuming you do have all the information about fare class etc.

Do note it’s also very much possible that the fare you see on EF/GF are actually not combinable in the way they show it to you (happened to me as well)
sehgalanuj likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offvoice
I successfully constructed tickets in the past with the PSL for itineraries or fare classes that didn’t display on the website but were available according to EF, but that was a couple of years ago.

If there are still competent, they should be able to help you, assuming you do have all the information about fare class etc.

Do note it’s also very much possible that the fare you see on EF/GF are actually not combinable in the way they show it to you (happened to me as well)
This is really good to know. I will give it a shot and get in touch with them now. Since I am able to get the itinerary priced on KL's website, with the same fare basis, I am hoping that the itinerary I am looking for might actually work out. Thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to report back. Got in touch with them with all the fare basis and booking class info, along with my preferred flights, and got ticketed without an issue. Thank you everyone!
Goldorak and offvoice like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.