Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which SFO terminal is AF83 and KL606 flying out of?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Which SFO terminal is AF83 and KL606 flying out of?

I think I read that DL’s terminal at SFO isn't to the other terminals. It's important for me because ei want to visit the AMEX Centurion Lounge. Is AF and KL flying out of the same terminal as DL? If not, can I access the AMEX CL and not go through security again before flying out of SFO?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
DL and AFKL are not in the same terminal. DL is in T2 (C/D gates). AFKL are in the international terminal (A gates).
irishguy28, lsquare and GUWonder like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
DL and AFKL are not in the same terminal. DL is in T2 (C/D gates). AFKL are in the international terminal (A gates).
I thought the international terminal has G-gates? So do I have to clear security multiple times to access AMEX CL and fly AF/KL? The AMEX CL is like opposite of F2/3 gates.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lsquare
I thought the international terminal has G-gates? So do I have to clear security multiple times to access AMEX CL and fly AF/KL? The AMEX CL is like opposite of F2/3 gates.
International has A and G gates opposite of each other, but they are not currently connected airside. You can only go C-D-E-F-G and A-B airside. (Next year when construction finishes you will be able to stay airside for everything but from A-G and G-A will require walking the length of the airport.).

If you're originating in SFO and want to access AMEX lounge then clear at G, walk to T3F.. AMEX is right there. Then walk back and exit at G, walk across the international terminal to the other side and clear at A. If you're arriving on DL at C, then you can walk to AMEX lounge airside, and then exit at G to go to A.
lsquare and GUWonder like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
International has A and G gates opposite of each other, but they are not currently connected airside. You can only go C-D-E-F-G and A-B airside. (Next year when construction finishes you will be able to stay airside for everything but from A-G and G-A will require walking the length of the airport.).

If you're originating in SFO and want to access AMEX lounge then clear at G, walk to T3F.. AMEX is right there. Then walk back and exit at G, walk across the international terminal to the other side and clear at A. If you're arriving on DL at C, then you can walk to AMEX lounge airside, and then exit at G to go to A.
I hate having to clear security twice just to use AMEX CL and fly AF/KL. Thanks for the info though!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:52 pm

I took KL606 back in Feb, confirming it's International A
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
It has always been A gates. The only time I've flown with Air France and KLM out ant to SFO and was using G gates was summer 2020 when the planes were 5% - 10% full
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:18 am

Yep, Int'l A.

As another has mentioned, if you go the CL, just exit from G and make your way across to A; it's not bad with Clear & Pre. Or, there's a KE/AF lounge in A to the left after you pass security, but not sure if it's open. There's the VS lounge which had allowed access to Amex Plat members, but not sure if it's still the case.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Visconti
Yep, Int'l A.

As another has mentioned, if you go the CL, just exit from G and make your way across to A; it's not bad with Clear & Pre. Or, there's a KE/AF lounge in A to the left after you pass security, but not sure if it's open. There's the VS lounge which had allowed access to Amex Plat members, but not sure if it's still the case.
I do have Clear and Pre, but occasionally, I get subjected to the random bomb swab test where everything is tested for explosives. It slows everything down as I'm thoroughly searched. Maybe one day when CT scanners are the norm will I not have to fear security. I love that the UK is taking the lead and implementing the new scanners! The US will need to catch up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.