Wiki Posts
Search

Status transfer on award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Status transfer on award ticket

Just a quick question that someone can hopefully help me with:

I know that when I (FB platinum) book an award ticket for someone else that the benefits (skyprio, lounge etc) transfer to that person. I have done this a couple of times

What about the reverse? Let’s say someone with no status (explorer) buys an award ticket for me with their miles. Can I still use my own platinum status to get my usual benefits or am I stuck with the explorer status from the ticket buyer?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Hiddeflyer
Just a quick question that someone can hopefully help me with:

I know that when I (FB platinum) book an award ticket for someone else that the benefits (skyprio, lounge etc) transfer to that person. I have done this a couple of times

What about the reverse? Let’s say someone with no status (explorer) buys an award ticket for me with their miles. Can I still use my own platinum status to get my usual benefits or am I stuck with the explorer status from the ticket buyer?
No you enter your FF number that overrules the “ticket” status. The other way around as well, if you (as a Platinum) book a reward ticket for an Explorer and enter the FF number of that Explorer member, the Platinum benefits will be overruled by the lower Explorer member.
On top of that you can always show your Platinum card in case.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BobTL
No you enter your FF number that overrules the “ticket” status.
Except that - unless something has changed very recently - it is not possible to enter/change a frequent flyer number on a ticket issued by Flying Blue.

Originally Posted by BobTL
On top of that you can always show your Platinum card in case.
This is what the OP should do; show the relevant personal status to obtain the status benefits.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Quick update: I tried it

tl;dr it works but needed to call them as we didn’t enter my FB number when booking

I think my partner did it wrong with booking by not entering my FB number so it showed hers in my booking and I couldn’t change it (and it showed it as explorer with no option for premium free seats).

I was not able to change this after booking, but the callcenter was able to fix it within 20 seconds. It now shows all platinum benefits.

i’m sure showing my card would also have worked but that wouldn’t have helped with advanced seat selection
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Except that - unless something has changed very recently - it is not possible to enter/change a frequent flyer number on a ticket issued by Flying Blue.
You cannot change the number by yourself, but customer service can. When booking an award ticket for my wife, I selected her from my travel companion list including her FB number. So I couldn't select a seat. CS deleted her number and my number showed up instead allowing her to use my status perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.