Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Award Ticket Cancellation Refund

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Flying Blue Award Ticket Cancellation Refund

I had an award ticket using KLM miles and i cancelled the ticket 4 months before the flight. They refunded me $32 after deducting $50 something for administrative fee. But they refused to refund my miles back to my account.
These were not Promo Award. This was a standard award from JFK to AMS
I have emailed them several times but no response
What can I do?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Were the miles used to make the booking earned by flying, or by transfers from, e.g., a credit card loyalty scheme?

Cancelling an award flight is not a mileage-extending activity. If the miles used to book the award would have expired by the time of the cancellation, then there simply are no miles left over to refund to you.

When did you last earn XPs in your Flying Blue account? If the answer is "never", or more than 2 years prior to the date when you cancelled the award ticket then there would be no miles to refund when you cancelled the flight.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, My miles were not expiring (valid until Feb 2024)
I had to call the customer service # and the lady on phone was able to refund my miles back.
Thanks for your help
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.