FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/2084877-faq-4a1-questions-relating-french-co-branded-fb-amex-card.html)

Goldorak Feb 2, 2024 7:38 am

Originally Posted by frec63_ft (Post 35961734)
I confirm, 100 EUR for Gold card members

I got it too on the gold card

gojko88 Feb 2, 2024 9:31 am

Same here. Very useful to grab some Economy Comfort seats on longer KLM segments this spring :)

Yolow Feb 2, 2024 11:01 am

Besides the cap to 100€, the AFKL Amex Gold card offers for Wifi instead of Lounge access.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...432e03a9fa.png

canadavid Feb 2, 2024 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Yolow (Post 35964394)
Besides the cap to 100€, the AFKL Amex Gold card offers for Wifi instead of Lounge access.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...432e03a9fa.png

mostly because the platcard already have 75€ of WiFi per year included

bart simpson Feb 3, 2024 1:38 am

Sometimes people booked in econ can choose a business class seat (upgrade) during seat selection. I wonder if this 100eur will also apply to those? In that case it also means 100eur less for paid upgrades..

canadavid Feb 3, 2024 2:20 am

Originally Posted by bart simpson (Post 35965998)
Sometimes people booked in econ can choose a business class seat (upgrade) during seat selection. I wonder if this 100eur will also apply to those? In that case it also means 100eur less for paid upgrades..

yes.
Just bought an upgrade at 69€ (LYS-CDG) to test the new domestic « meal » :)

Goldorak Feb 3, 2024 9:46 am

Originally Posted by bart simpson (Post 35965998)

Yes it works for paid upgrades, but for the last occurrence of this Amex promo, I had to call Amex because I didn't receive the cash back automatically. But when I called, it was solved in 5 min.

Yolow Mar 4, 2024 7:11 pm

Very specific offer received (Amex AFKL Gold)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...81c5335832.png

foyermember Mar 30, 2024 10:47 am

Dear memebers, a quick question regarding the French Amex platinum. When I got the card, I benefitted from 800 euros back after spending 2500 euros at Air France within 4 months. I'm outside the 4 months window now and I might have to cancel one of the tickets. I am assuming Amex will charge back the 800 euros if I do so. What if I book a new flight first and then cancel? According to the amex customer service, they will only look at what happened with the spend that helped me benefit from their offer. Any advice?

If it is any help, the ticket I might cancel is an award ticket, so I will consider losing the points and not fly instead of cancelling if that cancellation ends up costing me 800 euros in the end.

gojko88 Apr 2, 2024 1:53 am

Originally Posted by foyermember (Post 36122134)
According to the amex customer service, they will only look at what happened with the spend that helped me benefit from their offer.

This is correct, fresh spend on AF will not help with the qualifying charges used for the original offer.

Tricky situation for sure. Maybe you could call up Air France/Flying Blue and ask them to do the refund for the cash portion of the cancelled ticket in the form of voucher/credit instead of returning the money to your credit card?

Snick Apr 2, 2024 2:07 am

Originally Posted by foyermember (Post 36122134)
Dear memebers, a quick question regarding the French Amex platinum. When I got the card, I benefitted from 800 euros back after spending 2500 euros at Air France within 4 months. I'm outside the 4 months window now and I might have to cancel one of the tickets. I am assuming Amex will charge back the 800 euros if I do so. What if I book a new flight first and then cancel? According to the amex customer service, they will only look at what happened with the spend that helped me benefit from their offer. Any advice?

If it is any help, the ticket I might cancel is an award ticket, so I will consider losing the points and not fly instead of cancelling if that cancellation ends up costing me 800 euros in the end.

If I understood correctly, you are cancelling an award ticket and the taxes (up to ~300 eur usually) will be refunded to the card. The remaining 2200 eur were spent on other AF transactions (separate transactions on your Amex statement, regardless if belonging to the same ticket).

From what I’ve read on the AMEX USA forum, on similar cases, Amex is most likely to charge back any money or points given ONLY if the transaction that was flagged as the one putting you at or over the threshold to earn the award is refunded.

Is this transaction the one that helped you reach the 2500 eur threshold?

foyermember Apr 2, 2024 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Snick (Post 36128597)
If I understood correctly, you are cancelling an award ticket and the taxes (up to ~300 eur usually) will be refunded to the card. The remaining 2200 eur were spent on other AF transactions (separate transactions on your Amex statement, regardless if belonging to the same ticket).

From what I’ve read on the AMEX USA forum, on similar cases, Amex is most likely to charge back any money or points given ONLY if the transaction that was flagged as the one putting you at or over the threshold to earn the award is refunded.

Is this transaction the one that helped you reach the 2500 eur threshold?

It's actually 4 business class award tickets from CDG, so the total "fees" is 1400€. That helped me go above the treshold. But it is very good to know that the last transaction shoudl be the only one that matters.

Originally Posted by gojko88 (Post 36128577)
This is correct, fresh spend on AF will not help with the qualifying charges used for the original offer.

Tricky situation for sure. Maybe you could call up Air France/Flying Blue and ask them to do the refund for the cash portion of the cancelled ticket in the form of voucher/credit instead of returning the money to your credit card?

That's a very good idea. I will try to call them. I am just not sure I will go through with it in the end. I woul prefer a lie flat seat during the ovenoght flight back from the US, but cost wise the difference is close enoug when you take into consideration teh cancellation fee that I don't think I am going to take any risks. And the kids will get to enjoy business class more during a day flight.

And if go the vouchers route, I will not use them in full to purchase the new awards, since the fees are lower from the US.

frec63_ft Apr 22, 2024 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 35966743)
Yes it works for paid upgrades, but for the last occurrence of this Amex promo, I had to call Amex because I didn't receive the cash back automatically. But when I called, it was solved in 5 min.

I called Amex since I didn't received my expected cash back and the agent told me that it doesn't work for paid upgrades ?? :confused:

gojko88 Apr 22, 2024 5:18 am

Originally Posted by frec63_ft (Post 36178853)
I called Amex since I didn't received my expected cash back and the agent told me that it doesn't work for paid upgrades ?? :confused:

You need to frame it differently - you didn't pay for the upgrade, you paid for the seat (technically correct if done at OLCI).

Goldorak Apr 22, 2024 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by frec63_ft (Post 36178853)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:. I just did it again. I'll let you know if I have to call.
But you need to push. It's a seat option, like a seat+ or whatever.