FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/2084877-faq-4a1-questions-relating-french-co-branded-fb-amex-card.html)

Gajan Jun 28, 2022 2:37 pm

FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card

Pleaase post all your questions relating to the French co-branded Flying Blue American Express credit card here.

San Gottardo Jun 29, 2022 8:26 am

Since this is the first question in the thread I may be allowed to ask a newie/ignorant question: can someone summarise the changes that have been made this year to the insurance offering of the French AFKL Platinum card? It was mentioned in the old thread, just couldn't find it anymore

Goldorak Jun 29, 2022 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 34380441)
Since this is the first question in the thread I may be allowed to ask a newie/ignorant question: can someone summarise the changes that have been made this year to the insurance offering of the French AFKL Platinum card? It was mentioned in the old thread, just couldn't find it anymore

Basically, all travel insurances (cancellations, delays, misconnections, lost luggage, medical events) work only for AFKL flights and if paid with the Amex card.
Let's take the example of an itinerary CDG-BKK (AF)-PNH (PG), if your problems are linked to the PG leg, you are not covered. :rolleyes:
Now I pay all my non-AFKL personal tickets with another card.

lynxy Jun 30, 2022 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34381523)
Basically, all travel insurances (cancellations, delays, misconnections, lost luggage, medical events) work only for AFKL flights and if paid with the Amex card.
Let's take the example of an itinerary CDG-BKK (AF)-PNH (PG), if your problems are linked to the PG leg, you are not covered. :rolleyes:

I thought that as well, but I recently read the fine print, and I think it's still better than that:

VOYAGE : signifie :
- un déplacement hors de Votre Pays de Résidence ;
- ou un déplacement dans Votre Pays de Résidence, incluant un trajet aérien, ferroviaire (TGV et Grandes Lignes) ou une nuit payante. Cependant, les prestations de la garantie « Neige et Montagne » sont acquises lors de tout déplacement dans Votre Pays de Résidence.
- Pour les Garanties Annulation et Report de Voyages, Interruption de Déplacement, Voyage signifie un déplacement dans ou hors de Votre Pays de Résidence incluant un vol opéré et/ou éventuellement émis par Air France, KLM ou Transavia, réglé intégralement avec Votre Carte ou Miles ou obtenu sous forme de Billet Prime à condition que vous vous trouviez à plus de
50 km de Votre Domicile.
- Pour la Garantie Assistance Médicale et Frais Médicaux, Voyage signifie un déplacement hors de Votre Pays de Résidence incluant un vol opéré et/ou éventuellement émis par Air France, KLM ou Transavia, réglé intégralement avec Votre Carte ou Miles ou obtenu sous forme de Billet Prime.
(from https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...LATINUM_CG.pdf)
The bolding is mine, but it seems that the trip is covered as long as it includes some AF/KL flight. Which is not perfect, but still. But maybe I'm misundestanding this, who knows...

Ciumpy Jun 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Amex delayed baggage insurance

Hi all,
Recently our bags and baby stroller were delayed at our destination and have a few questions regarding the amex insurance (flights paid with AMEX)
- On the Amex website online form there is the following mention : La résolution de la compagnie aérienne si vous avez fait une demande (indemnisation en votre faveur). Can someone explain if it's possible to request compensation from the airline and AMEX at the same time ? If so how does that work, Amex will only cover the excess not paid by the airline ?
- Also the following: La copie du relevé American Express justifiant le paiement du voyage ainsi que les montants facturés en Euros. At our destination none of the shops we used accepted Amex and payment was in local currency. What is the correct way to proceed, do I need to convert the receipt amounts to Euros ?
- Will the insurance cover necessities like baby toiletries, diapers, etc.. ?
- The insurance terms only mention clothes and toiletries, as the term is pretty generic, will a pair of shoes be covered too ?
- Can someone confirm if the deadline to submit the insurance claim for this event is 90 days or not

Thank you in advance for your support !

PS : Sorry if the questions seem ignorant, it's the first time I'm dealing with this type of event

carnarvon Jul 3, 2022 12:09 pm

I'd call the insurance department.

Ciumpy Jul 3, 2022 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 34393006)
I'd call the insurance department.

The relevant AXA insurance department is working from 9.00 to 14.00 due to the "extraordinary" COVID 19 pandemic. It's lovely how companies are still using the pandemic as an excuse to offer poor service. Will try again during the week

GeoFBAF Jul 7, 2022 11:13 am

Double XP with double cards?

Hey,
I have a quick question: is it possible to have 2 separates AFKLM Amex cards (not a card and an additional one, but 2 cards "bought" separately)?
In this case, will I receive 60XP/year (in the case I buy two Gold AFKLM AMEX for example)?
I´m seeing it as a relatively cheap way to buy XP, but also as an alternative to an XP run which is not always possible due to time restrictions.
Thanks!

maalloc Jul 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Just got a nice, glossy-paper mail to tell me how the new amazing Amex Gold price is now 180 € per annum. 9% YoY price hike.

Looks like AF Platinum price is unchanged at 570 € / p.a.

carnarvon Jul 13, 2022 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by GeoFBAF (Post 34404879)
Hey,
I have a quick question: is it possible to have 2 separates AFKLM Amex cards (not a card and an additional one, but 2 cards "bought" separately)?
In this case, will I receive 60XP/year (in the case I buy two Gold AFKLM AMEX for example)?
I´m seeing it as a relatively cheap way to buy XP, but also as an alternative to an XP run which is not always possible due to time restrictions.
Thanks!

Quite unlikely. Not to say am sure you cannot. Why don't you ask them?

What you can have is 1 French and 1 Dutch card.

Or 1 personal and 1 corporate ( double check if it gives xp).

Ciumpy Jul 13, 2022 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Ciumpy (Post 34393077)
The relevant AXA insurance department is working from 9.00 to 14.00 due to the "extraordinary" COVID 19 pandemic. It's lovely how companies are still using the pandemic as an excuse to offer poor service. Will try again during the week

Called the insurance company and told them several times I don't want to submit a claim or deal in any way with the airline regarding the delayed bagage compensation. Today I received a email from AXA requesting a status on my airline delayed bagage compensation request. Previously I tried using the AXA online form to submit the claim and got an instant denied status when I answered that no airline claim was submited. Is anyone aware if you are required to submit a claim to the airline before you can submit the bagage delayed claim to the insurance company ?

newflyer27 Jul 13, 2022 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 34422969)
Quite unlikely. Not to say am sure you cannot. Why don't you ask them?

What you can have is 1 French and 1 Dutch card.

Or 1 personal and 1 corporate ( double check if it gives xp).

you can’t have 2 personal French AF Amex cards, maximum you can get is 60XP for personal and 30 XP from platinum AF corporate Amex.

newflyer27 Jul 13, 2022 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ciumpy (Post 34423151)
Called the insurance company and told them several times I don't want to submit a claim or deal in any way with the airline regarding the delayed bagage compensation. Today I received a email from AXA requesting a status on my airline delayed bagage compensation request. Previously I tried using the AXA online form to submit the claim and got an instant denied status when I answered that no airline claim was submited. Is anyone aware if you are required to submit a claim to the airline before you can submit the bagage delayed claim to the insurance company ?

I think that you won’t get anything from AXA without an answer from the airline saying they won’t reimburse you. You must claim with airline first and then if you don’t get anything from airline (need something to prove it) then you can claim with your card.
at least that was my experience twice on TAP flights, I had to wait 3 months for TAP to answer me but in the meantime AXA did not want to reimburse me anything still.

Goldorak Jul 14, 2022 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Ciumpy (Post 34423151)
Previously I tried using the AXA online form to submit the claim and got an instant denied status when I answered that no airline claim was submited. Is anyone aware if you are required to submit a claim to the airline before you can submit the bagage delayed claim to the insurance company ?

Yes, standard procedure.

Ciumpy Jul 14, 2022 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34424181)
Yes, standard procedure.

If this is standard procedure shouldn't it be listed in the terms and conditions of the policy ?. Waiting for months on end for an approved/denied answer from the airline before you can submit your claim looks like a pretty big omission