Wiki Posts
Search

LYS: AF/KL switching to T1 in June 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue
LYS: AF/KL switching to T1 in June 2022

Confirmed: on May 31st (next week!), both AF and KL will move to T1 in LYS airport.

Good news is there will be a lounge. Probably Confluence but oddly enough ground staff couldn’t confirm this point
Old May 25, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
I wonder how this will affect the Hop ! flights between the régions. They've usually all been in a small hallway so although it was no-frills, it allowed for really quick correspondences as you literally walked across the hallway or down the hallway to the next Hop ! flight.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
I did not even know (noticed) LYS had 2 Terminals

I guess I will have to revisit the airport soon
Old May 27, 2022, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supersympa
I did not even know (noticed) LYS had 2 Terminals

I guess I will have to revisit the airport soon
That would be a nice change from KRK
supersympa likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Update: just got an email from AF informing me that my June 2nd flight "will now depart from Terminal 2".

It's either an IT mess-up, or they postponed the transfer once more... So for those leaving from LYS next week, don't rush either way and check on the departure boards where to go !
Old May 27, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by maalloc
Update: just got an email from AF informing me that my June 2nd flight "will now depart from Terminal 2".

It's either an IT mess-up, or they postponed the transfer once more... So for those leaving from LYS next week, don't rush either way and check on the departure boards where to go !
Indeed they postponed to the 14th according to airport website, AF app + the mails I received. Would be lot of IT mess-up.
maalloc and AurelAF96 like this.

Last edited by saraoutou; May 27, 2022 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:47 am

The move has occurred. The following may not apply to Paris - Lyon flights.

I had a pair of inter-regional flights on Hop ! yesterday and it's a mess at the moment for these.

Due to poor timing of afternoon storms, the inbound/outbound bank of flights that occur at 16h were disrupted. First it was an aborted descent/holding pattern, then a delayed disembarking due to lighting risk.

When you walk to the terminal, there is no signage for correspondances versus exit, and the ground staff sometimes direct people to the wrong path .

Once you get to the temporary hall for Hop ! correspondances, it is literally like a gare routière (bus station). Very little seating, no services, nearly non-existent signage/displays at the gates, and quite claustrophic It's chaos. Not a problem when everything runs smoothly and transfer times are the typical short 40-50mn, but less than idea when there are disruptions and longer wait times.

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the report mlin32 .

How far away are the HOP gates from the lounge/terminal entrance in the new terminal? Is it quite the walk like it was in T2?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Thanks for the report mlin32 .

How far away are the HOP gates from the lounge/terminal entrance in the new terminal? Is it quite the walk like it was in T2?
As I was en correspondance from Strasbourg, I did not go to the main terminal but it was not closely attached; looks like a long walk to T1. I had contemplated trying to go to the main terminal (storms disrupted the 16h bank of inbound/outbound flights) but I think it would be complicated as the pathways are completely different when you disembark from another Hop ! regional flight - hence you rely on the ground staff to direct you the right way !
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So, is there a lounge now in LYS for AF ?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

If no one tried it this week, I’ll take one for the team and report the lounge situation next week
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:50 am

My retour next weekend is another inter-région connection, I really dont want to risk missing the bus......errrr I mean plane. However no lounge showed on my AF appli.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by mlin32
Once you get to the temporary hall for Hop ! correspondances, it is literally like a gare routière (bus station). Very little seating, no services, nearly non-existent signage/displays at the gates, and quite claustrophic It's chaos.
To be fair with LYS, it was already close to a bus station before with anything serving food running out of stock/closing around 7:30pm right during the AF evening flights bank, and not nearly enough seats for half the flights leaving during that time
But your report is not making me want to try to transfer there anytime soon... Thankfully, for some unknown reason, there are some direct TLS-SXB flights this summer on AF, so I won't have to go through LYS this time...
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
They use the EasyJet Transavia et plus si affinités precovid hall. I won't be really optimistic.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by lynxy
To be fair with LYS, it was already close to a bus station before with anything serving food running out of stock/closing around 7:30pm right during the AF evening flights bank, and not nearly enough seats for half the flights leaving during that time
But your report is not making me want to try to transfer there anytime soon... Thankfully, for some unknown reason, there are some direct TLS-SXB flights this summer on AF, so I won't have to go through LYS this time...
I think thé SXB direct to TLS, MRS, and NCE flights have been seasonal for a few years now. The summer Jul-Aug months.
lynxy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.