Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France/KLM World Elite Mastercard Improved Welcome Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 1:22 pm
ofj
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Did anyone get this updated offer? I applied but was told to wait for a "review". 800+ credit score and the last credit card I applied for was back in January 2021. We'll see...........

Old May 10, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Recently applied for this card, so called to see if I could "upgrade" to this offer. Unf not possible, but they did say it was OK to open a second card. Not sure how this would sit on the AF/FB side of things, so holding off for now.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:30 pm

Also saw this and applied, also pending manual review. Credit score just under 800 and similar time to previous credit application… Will be interested to know when/what you hear. No existing relationship with BoA, not sure if that would have helped.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:57 pm

Angry

Same story, 3rd verse. Applied in response to offer received last week. 800+ Last card opened last year, possibly in the fall. Daily I'm checking B of A cc app status site. No news feeling like bad news. Good luck to you.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by ET fly home
Same story, 3rd verse. Applied in response to offer received last week. 800+ Last card opened last year, possibly in the fall. Daily I'm checking B of A cc app status site. No news feeling like bad news. Good luck to you.
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Thanks for this data point.
Old May 19, 2022, 11:36 pm
ofj
Original Poster

Still waiting on a reply.....first time applying for a BoA card. This is ridiculous - I've never waited this long for any credit card application. Those of you who are regular BoA customers - is this normal??
Old May 23, 2022, 5:05 pm
ofj
Original Poster

So, I got denied, which is fine. No email notification though; I had to check the status on the BoA page. They made the decision more than a week after my application. This is the worst customer service from any bank I've ever applied for. If an 800+ score and 6-digit income isn't good enough, then I don't know what is (and yes, it's been almost 18 months since my last approved credit card). Guess they don't want my money. I'll stay away from BoA in the future.
Ursa81 likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:59 am

Same story here! Applied on the 11th, decision on the 24th (only thought to check today):

Unfortunately, we're unable to approve your credit card application at this time.

A letter has been mailed explaining the reasons for our decision which entitles you to a free copy of your credit report.
Will be interested to see their reasoning…
Old May 28, 2022, 4:33 pm
ofj
Original Poster

I got the letter in the mail. Instead of an outright rejection, they told me to call them within 30 days. Very interesting.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
So you basically get FB Silver when you sign up for this card?
Old May 29, 2022, 12:42 pm

Does silver reduce number of miles required to book tickets?
Old May 29, 2022, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Well..sort of. The number of miles remains the same to redeem an award flight, but you will earn more miles when flying. So awards flights do get 'cheaper' in a way.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:31 pm
ofj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
So you basically get FB Silver when you sign up for this card?
no; from my understanding, silver requires 100xp. Once approved, the credit card gives you 60 xp. You'll need another 40xp within a year of your first qualifying trip in order to advance to silver.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ofj
no; from my understanding, silver requires 100xp. Once approved, the credit card gives you 60 xp. You'll need another 40xp within a year of your first qualifying trip in order to advance to silver.
The current offer is 60XP on approval, then another 40XP on hitting the spend target in the first few months of having the card. So it's not 100XP (and thus at least Silver status) just for having it, but if you put a few thousand (I forget how much) in the first months of having the card, you'll add another 40XP (which suggests being careful around when one applies for this card if one's qualification year is almost over and you have fewer than 40XP, as it's possible that you could waste the 60XP on not hitting 100XP before the year is out and then get 40XP to start the next year (though, contingent on hitting the $15K in spend, it would just be delayed gratification))
Old May 30, 2022, 6:07 pm
ofj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhdl
The current offer is 60XP on approval, then another 40XP on hitting the spend target in the first few months of having the card. So it's not 100XP (and thus at least Silver status) just for having it, but if you put a few thousand (I forget how much) in the first months of having the card, you'll add another 40XP (which suggests being careful around when one applies for this card if one's qualification year is almost over and you have fewer than 40XP, as it's possible that you could waste the 60XP on not hitting 100XP before the year is out and then get 40XP to start the next year (though, contingent on hitting the $15K in spend, it would just be delayed gratification))
Ahh yes - you're correct. I forgot the 40xp welcome bonus. Yes - if the minimum spend is activated, then one essentially gets silver status if it is within a year of one's original qualifying activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.