Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New T&C for Flying Blue

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: BA, KLM
I click transfer miles and nothing happens at all (10,500). Is anyone else having issues actually transferring miles?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
I click transfer miles and nothing happens at all (10,500). Is anyone else having issues actually transferring miles?
Same here, impossible to transfer miles
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Yep, same here too. Although, I did notice the family flying blue section disappeared for most of the day yesterday before suddenly reappearing again. I am going to guess there is definitely an internal issue handling this new feature, naturally.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Wow, no requirements to share the same surname or anything. I am impressed 🙄🙄😂
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Did anyone contact Flying Blue/KLM/Air France about this issue with the 'Flying Blue Family' miles transfer?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Looks like whatever caused it is fixed, I was just able to transfer miles without error.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
The Flying Blue website says that once Miles are transferred between family members, they are valid for 2 years. Am I right in assuming that if I am the family leader and I transfer miles from my wife's account into mine, they won't expire after 2 years because I have an American Express (or if I fly once within two years of the transfer) ?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sorry to bump this but I am interested in the unanswered question above or a variation thereof.

To help a family member whose miles are about to expire, I just read about the FB Family and am considering opening a Family account, even though I share NickB's reservations about the very patriarchal model used and the fact I would have more "power" than them (and no, I don't plan trading either because I'm the one flying a lot and the other person very seldom). However, I'm a bit worried about the phrasing on miles expiration which says that all family miles expire 2 years after they are transferred:

I'm FB Plat for life so my miles don't expire.

1) If I open the family account and transfer my family member's miles to my account, would those miles expire after 2 years of transfer? Not expire since my other miles do not expire? Something else because those miles were due to expire in December?
2) Would my own miles become miles "accrued by the family" and thus start expiring after 2 years despite my PFL status?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You won't get a definitive answer to your question. Flying Blue Family accounts only started this year, and nobody's miles have been allowed to expire since at least March 2020 due to Covid. Nobody knows, and nobody has been through this.

However, my best guess is that being in a Family Account does not change the expiry of any of the miles. They reside in the individual members' accounts, until the Leader decides to "use" them.

Being in a Family Account is also not an "Earn Activity".

Your family member would be advised to either a) take at least one XP-earning flight before their miles expire, or b) redeem the miles. If neither is palatable, then donate the miles to charity prior to their expiry.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 26, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Old Apr 10, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by fredo1664
The Flying Blue website says that once Miles are transferred between family members, they are valid for 2 years. Am I right in assuming that if I am the family leader and I transfer miles from my wife's account into mine, they won't expire after 2 years because I have an American Express (or if I fly once within two years of the transfer) ?
So to answer my own question, I transferred miles from my wife's account into mine in March. All my miles were showing an expiry date in March 2025. This month, they are all showing an expiry date in April 2025, so I think it's safe to say that the American Express benefit applies to transferred miles.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So to answer my own question, I transferred miles from my wife's account into mine in March. All my miles were showing an expiry date in March 2025. This month, they are all showing an expiry date in April 2025, so I think it's safe to say that the American Express benefit applies to transferred miles.
I’m unclear what you mean re having an Amex benefit. Are you talking about transferring points from Amex to FB? And that that re-ups the expiration of all FB points?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’m unclear what you mean re having an Amex benefit. Are you talking about transferring points from Amex to FB? And that that re-ups the expiration of all FB points?
I have a French Air France KLM card and the benefit is that every time I make a purchase with the card, it extends the validity of all my miles.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'd say that makes sense. When you transfer miles to your account you take ownership. The Amex card benefit states that no miles that you own will ever expire (While the amex card is active).
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:34 am
Suspended

I have a French Air France KLM card and the benefit is that every time I make a purchase with the card, it extends the validity of all my miles.
no matter how you got your miles previously, as long as you got new miles thanks to your Amex AF KLM, then the total balance is extended by 2 years starting from the last activity. Next month you will see that the new expiration date will be May 2025 if you have spent with your Amex.
you don’t need to use it every month for this mecanism to work but the more you spend every month the more miles you get

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.