Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Way to Speed up Issuance of Refund Voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Any Way to Speed up Issuance of Refund Voucher?

I've had occasion to cancel and obtain vouchers from KLM - I never cared how long they took to arrive as they were refundable.

The vouchers for tickets purchased after 1 March are no longer refundable, so timing becomes a bit more important.

When cancelling a reservation online, it took about 6 days for the voucher to arrive in email. Is there a quicker way to get it? I think I may have seen a posting where someone cancelled on the phone and got the voucher immediately.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Is there a quicker way to get it? I think I may have seen a posting where someone cancelled on the phone and got the voucher immediately.
You found the answer to your question by yourself

In my case i always cancel by phone , and it arrive within few hours or the day after
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
You found the answer to your question by yourself

In my case i always cancel by phone , and it arrive within few hours or the day after
I was hoping there was a way to get a voucher instantly as that would allow a cancel/rebook scenario if the fare for an already booked ticket decreased.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I was hoping there was a way to get a voucher instantly as that would allow a cancel/rebook scenario if the fare for an already booked ticket decreased.
When calling by phone all of my vouchers ave been issued instantly and I've used them exactly for the cancel/rebook scenario. A few times, I have even gone so far as to go to final payment page online so a PNR is generated, and then give the agent on the phone the new PNR so that they cancel the old PNR and apply the new voucher to the new PNR. So it seems that calling in does help speed things along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.