Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 or 15 month of benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
12 or 15 month of benefits?

Hello and happy new year!
I’ve just been upgraded, today 2nd of January, from Gold to Platinum. My new qualification period therefore begins today and goes until the end of January 2023. Until then, it seems correct. However, my new e-card displays 01/2023. So far I have always had a date, written on the card, 3 months later than the end of the 12 month qualifying period. For example, my former qualifying period when Gold was June but my card showed benefits up to September. It is clearly indicated on the FB site that the benefits are valid for 15 months. Shouldn't my Platinum card show 04/23 instead of 01/23 (although I'm aware I need to get 300 new XP by the end of 01/23)?
Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:40 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
On which e-card do you see that date? I've upgraded from Gold to platinum in August and the card pictured on the "My Dashboard" page on klm.com correctly shows November-2022 (i.e. 15 months).
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:24 am
Original Poster

That "12-month-of-benefits" date is displayed on my AirFrance App on my iPhone but also on my accounts on airfrance.fr and flyingblue.fr Furthermore my e-card has automatically been updated on my iPhone Wallet yet with this 12 month period of benefits instead of 15.
Are there any new rules concerning the benefit period from 1st of January or is it a glitch I should worried about?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:50 pm

Mine also shows 12 months.
DoctorBueno likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Could it be coupled with the end of physical cards being sent out - the original 3 month grace period was to allow time for cards to arrive. Now there are no cards to arrive so...

Saying that, just logged in to my account on klm.se and the card is showing 03/2022. Edit - just realised 03/2022 would be my current card!
DoctorBueno likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My virtual card still shows the +3 months period (my membership year is August to August and my current card has an expiry date of end 10/22 rather than end 7/22).
DoctorBueno likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Solevita
Could it be coupled with the end of physical cards being sent out - the original 3 month grace period was to allow time for cards to arrive. Now there are no cards to arrive so...
That would definitely make sense! However, as I read other answers it seems that some FF have a 12 and some have a 15 month-period of benefits. I have sent a message to FB and will update you with their answer
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
FB website still mentions status is valid for 15 months under the ‘status’ tab. Why this is then suddenly not reflected anymore on the cards is beyond me. Hopefully not a silent devaluation.
DoctorBueno likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:10 am

Just got reply from FB that the status validity has been reduced to 12 months. Ridiculous to cut 20% of the validity without any notice!
DoctorBueno likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Just got reply from FB that the status validity has been reduced to 12 months. Ridiculous to cut 20% of the validity without any notice!
Thanks for the information and these clarifications! This 20% new devaluation is hardly surprising given the measures taken during the Covid (XP X2 and now X1.5). But it is true that it would have been kind to warn us especially since the site still indicates a benefit of 15 months (and that I still have not received a congratulatory email confirming my access to Platinum status ).
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Mine is still 15 months but I also still have a plastic card. Year ends in May, status in August.

I don't see it as devaluation of 20%. If you requalled, it was always +12 months validity, not +15.
It is still annoying though because you might be waiting for a retrocredit or something to that effect, instead of waiting for a new card to arrive.

I would lodge a complaint on these two bases - 1. the website says 15 months; 2. the new system does not reflect possible earning delays from late credit or retrocredit etc. which can be extra annoying by causing "gap" in 10 year PFL coverage.
saraoutou and curiousexplorer like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
None of what is discussed surprises me, given FB's decision not to send out physical cards. Nor does the clumsy and inconsistent way in which the change is being rolled out. I would, in fact, expect it as the various pieces in this overly complex machine struggle to work together, what with some people teleworking, others being absent for COVID, others quitting to find better working conditions, etc.
I can agree, too, that loss of the three-month grace period sucks, but I can also understand the logic that it should go away if the reason for establishing it was to get new cards out to people by mail.
FYI, my physical and "dematerialized" cards both show that they expire in March 2022. The AF 'dashboard" shows that I've already met the threshold to keep my platinum status for the next year, since I have nearly more than the 300 XPs needed. Ditto on the FB site. I presume I won't know what the proper "expiration" month is until after this March. It fascinates me that I've already been extended in principle for another year (i.e., until the end of 2023!) at the same time I've technically been extended to the end of 2022 but my virtual card is still only valid until this March on both websites.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:37 pm

Received a new plastic card today, still 12 months of validity.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:35 pm

Sent in a complaint that FB retrospectively changed the conditions, without any notice. Got a response that their T&C's basically allow them to do whatever they want. From a legal standpoint that may be, but I still find it very poor practice. And another example that AFKL/FB like to hide devaluations in changes touted as sustainability action.

I do see they now have amended their website.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Sent in a complaint that FB retrospectively changed the conditions
Was it in the conditions? Was it specified anywhere that the period of status validity is 15 months (as distinct from an actual practice)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.