Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience using AF miles CDG to MRU?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Any experience using AF miles CDG to MRU?

Looking at flights CDG to MRU in business. See se award availbility through EF. But some flights are AF and some Air Mauritius operated by AF, maybe? Just confused. Anyone book this with miles? I have to transfer Amex points but not sure if they go to AF or I should go through Air Mauritius? Also. How reliable is EF for Air France awards?

thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You have to go through AF (FB) to book. AF and MK code share on their flights. So you may be on one or the other airline.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thanks.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

I’m new to FB. I can’t find this award available on AF.com, but Expert flyer says it’s available. Should I call AF? Or no luck with that?
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JBauer
Thanks. Appreciate it.

I’m new to FB. I can’t find this award available on AF.com, but Expert flyer says it’s available. Should I call AF? Or no luck with that?
You don't see any award availability even on AF-operated flights ? if the case, that's weird as every seat on sale should be available as award redemption (although possibly at a very high price in miles). May be you don't have enough miles in bank ?
You should call FB and see. No risk doing so.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I see the availability wide open for both carriers. You might consider booking from another city to lower the price in miles a bit (just not flying direct). Also, as much as I love AF, I'd go with MK on this route for better hard product, AF seems to deploy its older seats in premium cabin. Hope you have success booking this destination, it is still on my list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.