Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business: “lounge not included”

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Business: “lounge not included”

Can someone explain why these paid Business tickets show “lounge not included”?

Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
I think this is a glitch in Air France IT. You for sure will have lounge access.
FabCW and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
yes, it's been discussed a million times in other threads. It's a glitch.
FabCW and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes, it's been discussed a million times in other threads. It's a glitch.
Thanks. I had never noticed before.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Aren’t Parisians famously unwelcoming and rude in the restaurant business?? I imagine it’s the Parisian touch to the lounge business perhaps. So perhaps not a glitch at all but just the standard Parisian welcome
Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Aren’t Parisians famously unwelcoming and rude in the restaurant business?? I imagine it’s the Parisian touch to the lounge business perhaps. So perhaps not a glitch at all but just the standard Parisian welcome
Well… I lived in Paris for 6 years and only found unwelcome/rude staff at restaurants where either patrons, usually foreigners, didn’t go with the usual flow or the restaurants were more on the tourist trap. Never found such staff when experiencing real gastronomy.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
you made me laugh here.

Even as a french myself, I can confirm than a few (not all) are so unwelcoming....
I walked out of a restaurant last week in Paris as the waiter was so unfriendly.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I can somehow get around those difficult waiters. Had in them in Aix-en-Provence too. I speak French pretty well (it's my daily working language, along with German) but the accent is unmistakable, so they probably end up grudgingly respecting the fact that I've taken the time to learn their language. And in a lot of these brasserie places, I've managed to get the chef to rustle up things not on the menu, or custom make basic things like sauces or omelettes.

Can I just twist around to be vaguely on topic, and S7 Airlines is one airline which does not offer lounge access on all tickets. For the last minute upgrades that they sell, there is no lounge access, so I have never bought one of those upgrades because I feel that the lack of lounge entry makes the upgrade a lot less good value. In Economy, you get pretty good full service on S7 but no alcohol.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Maybe they are introducing "Light Fares"in Business as well now.
I have an upcoming OW BKK-CDG-STR in C as Platinum, but it shows only 1 PC of checked luggage , this one PC might be the Platinum Allowance.
Will call them today...

Last edited by AF 001; Nov 7, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
I can somehow get around those difficult waiters. Had in them in Aix-en-Provence too. I speak French pretty well (it's my daily working language, along with German) but the accent is unmistakable, so they probably end up grudgingly respecting the fact that I've taken the time to learn their language. And in a lot of these brasserie places, I've managed to get the chef to rustle up things not on the menu, or custom make basic things like sauces or omelettes.

Can I just twist around to be vaguely on topic, and S7 Airlines is one airline which does not offer lounge access on all tickets. For the last minute upgrades that they sell, there is no lounge access, so I have never bought one of those upgrades because I feel that the lack of lounge entry makes the upgrade a lot less good value. In Economy, you get pretty good full service on S7 but no alcohol.
Qatar doesn’t offer lounge access to all business passengers. Their lower business fares do not include lounge access.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AF 001
Maybe they are introducing "Light Fares"in Business as well now.
I have an upcoming OW BKK-CDG-STR in C as Platinum, but it shows only 1 PC of checked luggage , this one PC might be the Platinum Allowance.
Will call them today...
Two checked bags doesn't sound very light.

It might help to know the fare class and the fare (OW or RT?).
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Two checked bags doesn't sound very light.

It might help to know the fare class and the fare (OW or RT?).
Sorted, it was just a glitch, now it shows 2 +1
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Qatar doesn’t offer lounge access to all business passengers. Their lower business fares do not include lounge access.
Yes, that's totally right. I had forgotten about that one and it's going down a route that's pretty bad for passengers. I think one hidden cost of a more expensive business ticket is the lounge access, and that should not be taken away. Next, they'll be taking away blankets, part of the meal, God knows what. Isn't Finnair experimenting with something similar at the moment?
more4less and Digicola like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by SDQBound
If I am not wrong, also Finnair has introduced those

pd just seen that Concerto has mentioned it

Last edited by more4less; Nov 14, 2021 at 2:02 pm Reason: Add info
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, that's totally right. I had forgotten about that one and it's going down a route that's pretty bad for passengers. I think one hidden cost of a more expensive business ticket is the lounge access, and that should not be taken away. Next, they'll be taking away blankets, part of the meal, God knows what. Isn't Finnair experimenting with something similar at the moment?
Concerto, congratulations for reaching 10.000 posts! A new Flyertalk Evangelist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.