Wiki Posts
Search

AIR EUROPA connection in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:37 am
Original Poster

AIR EUROPA connection in Madrid

Hello,
Can anyone tell me, whether one needs to exit Madrid airport and to re-enter the security zone when connecting in between two Air Europa flights on different tickets?
Connection time would be 1:10 in between to European flights. Booking the two tickets seperatly saves almost 100€.
Thanks for your answers!
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you don’t have checked luggages to collect and re-check, you can stay airside. But connecting on separate tickets with just 1h10 is very risky. You are not protected in case of mIsconnection.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Try to buy it as multicity journey, it may helps
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you don’t have checked luggages to collect and re-check, you can stay airside. But connecting on separate tickets with just 1h10 is very risky. You are not protected in case of mIsconnection.
Plus:

I flew into MAD on UX1094 last Friday, and although I maybe could have made such a connection, I would have been totally uncomfortable with it. The 787 docked at the intercontinental side of the terminal meaning we were bussed to the terminal which took a good 10 minutes (after it had already taken some 15 minutes for the stairs and buses to show up at the plane, while we had not even arrived early), then we were dropped into a "holding queue" for Covid document scanning. As at the end of that queue connecting passengers and those travelling into Spain (like me) were separated so I do not know whether the connecting passengers also got their QR code checked, but it surely held them up as much as it did those entering Spain. Let's say that there were a few possible improvement points in how efficiently all of this was handled (the same goes for leaving Spain, but that;s irrelevant for here), not making connections any quicker.

Decision is of course all yours, but keep in mind there's quite a bit more to it than just whether or not you'll have to re-enter the terminal, especially at the moment.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
If intra-Schengen flights and you have mobile boarding passes, this is more than doable. But as others have said, it might be trickier if you have checked luggage (interline possible?) and/or need to enter or exit the Schengen zone.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KL895
Plus:

I flew into MAD on UX1094 last Friday, and although I maybe could have made such a connection, I would have been totally uncomfortable with it. The 787 docked at the intercontinental side of the terminal meaning we were bussed to the terminal which took a good 10 minutes (after it had already taken some 15 minutes for the stairs and buses to show up at the plane, while we had not even arrived early), then we were dropped into a "holding queue" for Covid document scanning. As at the end of that queue connecting passengers and those travelling into Spain (like me) were separated so I do not know whether the connecting passengers also got their QR code checked, but it surely held them up as much as it did those entering Spain. Let's say that there were a few possible improvement points in how efficiently all of this was handled (the same goes for leaving Spain, but that;s irrelevant for here), not making connections any quicker.

Decision is of course all yours, but keep in mind there's quite a bit more to it than just whether or not you'll have to re-enter the terminal, especially at the moment.
It would be heloful to know where you were coming from. If OP's plane arrives through an airbridge OP will not have to go through that process.
If OP is arriving off a domestic flight OP will not have to show any covid docs, proceed to the front of the queue if any!
carnarvon likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
It would be heloful to know where you were coming from. If OP's plane arrives through an airbridge OP will not have to go through that process.
If OP is arriving off a domestic flight OP will not have to show any covid docs, proceed to the front of the queue if any!
From and to AMS, in my case.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi, thanks for all your answers. I would be coming from MUC going to LIS.

Greetings
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hagi
Hi, thanks for all your answers. I would be coming from MUC going to LIS.

Greetings
Ok, so I don't know if that will be a bus gate or normal air bridge. If it's bus gate, you can proceed to the line for domestic passengers because Spain does not need to check your covid docs as you are in transit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.