Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access for Award Tickets passenger issued from Platinum Miles Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access for Award Tickets passenger issued from Platinum Miles Account

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by roelb
As a folluw up to this, does anyone know what the rules are (or have experience with) for taking a guest into the lounge by the holder of an award ticket, where status is "inherited" through that award ticket but the person him/herself does not have direct Skyteam.Elite+ status?
Only the status holder can bring a guest, and only when the status holder is present.

A guest of the status holder - which is effectively what these ticket-holders are - do not themselves get a guest. They are not status holders, and the BP only shows the inherited status so that the usual requirement that the status holder must be present and only can guest one companion can be waived.

In this case, you are already effectively a "guest" and further have had the requirement that the status holder be present waived.

I really doubt that any of these "borrowed platinums" would be able to bring a guest without showing their status card...which they don't have. It is really pushing it, I feel, to expect the original Platinum status holder to be granted yet another guest, to the point where I would be embarrassed to even try this.

However, if your conscience is OK with not only being rejected but jeopardising this very useful (and very generous) unpublished benefit, then you are going to try it anyway- right?

The good news, though, is that at KLM Crown Lounges you can pay for extra guests to accompany you as a Flying Blue Platinum or Gold status holder.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 7, 2022 at 10:39 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: FB platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The good news, though, is that at KLM Crown Lounges you can pay for extra guests to accompany you as a Flying Blue Platinum or Gold status holder.
And what a great way to spend your money
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by roelb
Small kick after 6 weeks:

As a folluw up to this, does anyone know what the rules are (or have experience with) for taking a guest into the lounge by the holder of an award ticket, where status is "inherited" through that award ticket but the person him/herself does not have direct Skyteam.Elite+ status?

E.g: I'm travelling together with my significant other, we both have Elite+ status. We have another two travel companions with us, both on an award ticket booked by me, so they have my status on their boarding passes and are allowed into the lounge. We can also take 2 additional guests, based on my and my siginificant others' Elite+ status. But would we be allowed 2 more guests, as guests of the two award ticket holders?
I don’t think so.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: FB Gold
A small twist on the award ticket I booked for my father. At the check-in counter at IAD, the agent refused to attach a priority tag to his bag, stating the FF number with the status (mine) and his name don't match. His boarding card does have SP on it.

Perhaps a misunderstanding at an outstation then ?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
A small twist on the award ticket I booked for my father. At the check-in counter at IAD, the agent refused to attach a priority tag to his bag, stating the FF number with the status (mine) and his name don't match. His boarding card does have SP on it.

Perhaps a misunderstanding at an outstation then ?
It's an undocumented benefit; so the agent he encountered was technically correct.

In any event, not having the priority bag tag applied is unlikely to have much or any effect....it's not as if you can rely on the priority tagged bags being delivered first!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:12 pm

My parents ended up getting the benefits except the Priority bag, which didn't matter cuz the bags were delivered on time at the final destination. Amazing.

Lounge access plus guest ? Check.
Priority boarding, check.

can't ask for more thesedays.​​
blairvanhorn and miles4CDG like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:14 pm

Another data point on this: I booked an award ticket from CDG-YVR for my wife (I'm plat, she does not have status). At CDG she got the extra baggage allowance, priority baggage, security and boarding as well as lounge access. At YVR she got all the SkyPriority services and extra baggage allowance, but was denied lounge access because the BP didn't say 'Platinum' on it (It had the sky priority logo, and my FB number, but it didn't list any status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.