Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone planning to fly in June?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Anyone planning to fly in June?

Curious if anyone is planning to fly in June? I may have to fly in mid June and I'm just trying to find out how many, if there are any, are planning to fly.
Old May 28, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
Curious if anyone is planning to fly in June? I may have to fly in mid June and I'm just trying to find out how many, if there are any, are planning to fly.
I'm planning a short work trip to the Netherlands in the second half of June, depending on when Spain lifts its quarantine on incoming arrivals.

Spain is very quickly heading back to relative normality as the summer means you can do everything you might want to do outdoors. Terraces are full in Barcelona, people are meeting up with friends, there is much more traffic on the streets. I am looking forward to playing tennis again when my club opens next week.

For other flights, I had a longhaul ticket booked to Puerto Rico in the end of June which will almost certainly have to be postponed because of U.S. border restrictions.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
no trip in Europe before September or October.
no long haul this year probably...
Old May 29, 2020, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am definitely planning to fly domestic France and EU in June following to the announcements of French PM, Édouard Philippe, yesterday.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:23 am

I have already flown in May, not with AF/KL though, I had to use ET. (and not that those were factors but there is no requirement to wear masks, and more-or-less normal catering with ET...)
I'm also expecting to fly again by either end of June or early July, at the moment it seems unlikely those will be on AF/KL either, but I guess we'll see closer to the time what flights are available.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:30 am

As soon as the 15% bonus works .
i will book a flight to VIE in june
Old May 29, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as business flights go it is my employers call, not mine. I'm not expecting anything earlier than July, on current planning.

Leisure flights that I had originally planned for this spring I've tentatively postponed until September due to border closures. As and if restrictions are lifted I may take a flight just for the heck of it, depending in part on whether airlines will insist on treating me as a leper or not.

Johan
The_Bouncer and Solevita like this.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I will probably do PRG-AMS to get high one night. LOL. And I miss the flying feeling.
Solevita likes this.
Old May 30, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Intra-Europe flights and travel in general will mostly work from july. France is reopening and most things will be normal before july (restaurants, musées, cafés, etc...).

France, Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal economies relies heavily on european tourists, so it's a life or death decision for them to reopen to european tourists.

When US and Europe will agree on borders reopening for leisure travel, it will be a big sign for long haul travel resuming worldwide, so that's something to watch closely.

This website is the most up to date regarding travel restrictions : https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

As we speak, beside intra-Europe travel, Mexico is the only major country to accept foreign tourists, and most hotels are open for booking by mid-June.
johan rebel likes this.
Old May 30, 2020, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747jetter
I will probably do PRG-AMS to get high one night. LOL. And I miss the flying feeling.
I know what you mean!
Old May 30, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Might fly intra-Europe in July. June will likely be my first real cross-border trip by car (a lot of frontieres are still closed thru mid month).
Old May 31, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Hoping yes - from Manila to UK. Realistically. No. Maybe August.
Old May 31, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Hoping yes - from Manila to UK. Realistically. No. Maybe August.
If you hold a UK/EU passport it may be possible before august...
Old May 31, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by IstKong
As we speak, beside intra-Europe travel, Mexico is the only major country to accept foreign tourists, and most hotels are open for booking by mid-June.
Tanzania too welcomes tourists with no restriction since 19th of May.

https://allafrica.com/view/group/mai.../00073278.html
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:42 am

Flying this Friday (AMS-LIS) with KL on a 737-800 and the flight is sold out in both classes (!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.