Reward Cancellation Fee

Old May 3, 20, 7:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: DL-Plat
Posts: 7
Reward Cancellation Fee

Looking to book a reward ticket out into next year.

With the EUR50 Cancellation fee it says "Issuance Fees Are Not Refundable". I assume those fee are just the telephone booking fee and like correct? Ie if my ticket on the AirFrance website is 70,000Points+$100, I would get that $100 back (less the 50EUR cancellation fee)?

Thanks
Philutec is offline  
Old May 4, 20, 12:24 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,948
Correct.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 2:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 226
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have 300,000+ miles in my AF account and wanted to use some for a trip for myself and a friend to CPT in February (we’re based in CPH) which I can currently get for 74,500 points in eco. Apologies in advance for my ignorance but I have very little experience with booking FB award flights:

Is 74,500 a fair price for this route?

Correctly understood that I can cancel and get my miles, taxes ect back for a EUR 50 fee? Is the fee per reservation or per passenger?

If I book both of us in the same PNR, will I be able to cancel only one passenger while the other can still travel or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and try to book for one passager again?

Many thanks!
Hafnia is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 2:56 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 14,948
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
Is 74,500 a fair price for this route?
Not bad at all.

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
Correctly understood that I can cancel and get my miles, taxes ect back for a EUR 50 fee?
Correct.

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
Is the fee per reservation or per passenger?
Per passenger.

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
If I book both of us in the same PNR, will I be able to cancel only one passenger while the other can still travel or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and try to book for one passager again?
Yes, you can cancel only one pax.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 9, 20, 11:46 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
I have 300,000+ miles in my AF account and wanted to use some for a trip for myself and a friend to CPT in February (we’re based in CPH) which I can currently get for 74,500 points in eco. Apologies in advance for my ignorance but I have very little experience with booking FB award flights:

Is 74,500 a fair price for this route?
Many thanks!
Depends on if it is a return or a one way ticket. You can go to the flying blue website and see what the lowest rate for a particular flight is: flyingblue

For CPH-CPT the cheapest (one-way) tickets would be 27.000 miles in economy, so 54.000 for a return. However it might be difficult to find these rates on the dates you want. For example i can find 27.000 miles on the outbound (CPH-CPT) in February, but not on the way back. So you could do cheaper, but you have to be lucky that the dates you want are available. In general I would say that 74.500 is a decent price for this return ticket.

If your dates are locked-in/not flexible it might be worth looking at one-way tickets in other classes. For example on the 8th of February it costs 43.000 miles to fly CPT-CPH in economy, while the cost in business is only 67.500 miles.
Rambol is offline  
Old May 10, 20, 10:55 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 226
Thank you very much, both of you. Sorry for not clarifying miles mentioned is for a return flight. Yes my dates are pretty fixed (+/- a couple of days) and the outbound is currently cheaper than inbound. Thanks again!
Hafnia is offline  
Old May 11, 20, 8:32 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
Thank you very much, both of you. Sorry for not clarifying miles mentioned is for a return flight. Yes my dates are pretty fixed (+/- a couple of days) and the outbound is currently cheaper than inbound. Thanks again!
In the end I decided to put the award flight on hold as I can get revenue tickets on the same dates for 3500-4000 DKK.
Hafnia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: