Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Cancellation Fee

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat
Reward Cancellation Fee

Looking to book a reward ticket out into next year.

With the EUR50 Cancellation fee it says "Issuance Fees Are Not Refundable". I assume those fee are just the telephone booking fee and like correct? Ie if my ticket on the AirFrance website is 70,000Points+$100, I would get that $100 back (less the 50EUR cancellation fee)?

Thanks
Old May 4, 2020, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Correct.
Old May 9, 2020, 2:29 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have 300,000+ miles in my AF account and wanted to use some for a trip for myself and a friend to CPT in February (we’re based in CPH) which I can currently get for 74,500 points in eco. Apologies in advance for my ignorance but I have very little experience with booking FB award flights:

Is 74,500 a fair price for this route?

Correctly understood that I can cancel and get my miles, taxes ect back for a EUR 50 fee? Is the fee per reservation or per passenger?

If I book both of us in the same PNR, will I be able to cancel only one passenger while the other can still travel or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and try to book for one passager again?

Many thanks!
Old May 9, 2020, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Hafnia
Not bad at all.

Correctly understood that I can cancel and get my miles, taxes ect back for a EUR 50 fee?
Correct.

Is the fee per reservation or per passenger?
Per passenger.

If I book both of us in the same PNR, will I be able to cancel only one passenger while the other can still travel or do we have to cancel the whole reservation and try to book for one passager again?
Yes, you can cancel only one pax.
Old May 9, 2020, 11:46 am

I have 300,000+ miles in my AF account and wanted to use some for a trip for myself and a friend to CPT in February (we’re based in CPH) which I can currently get for 74,500 points in eco. Apologies in advance for my ignorance but I have very little experience with booking FB award flights:

Many thanks!
Depends on if it is a return or a one way ticket. You can go to the flying blue website and see what the lowest rate for a particular flight is: flyingblue

For CPH-CPT the cheapest (one-way) tickets would be 27.000 miles in economy, so 54.000 for a return. However it might be difficult to find these rates on the dates you want. For example i can find 27.000 miles on the outbound (CPH-CPT) in February, but not on the way back. So you could do cheaper, but you have to be lucky that the dates you want are available. In general I would say that 74.500 is a decent price for this return ticket.

If your dates are locked-in/not flexible it might be worth looking at one-way tickets in other classes. For example on the 8th of February it costs 43.000 miles to fly CPT-CPH in economy, while the cost in business is only 67.500 miles.
Old May 10, 2020, 10:55 pm

Thank you very much, both of you. Sorry for not clarifying miles mentioned is for a return flight. Yes my dates are pretty fixed (+/- a couple of days) and the outbound is currently cheaper than inbound. Thanks again!
Old May 11, 2020, 8:32 am

Thank you very much, both of you. Sorry for not clarifying miles mentioned is for a return flight. Yes my dates are pretty fixed (+/- a couple of days) and the outbound is currently cheaper than inbound. Thanks again!
In the end I decided to put the award flight on hold as I can get revenue tickets on the same dates for 3500-4000 DKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.