Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expert Flyer Seats on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Expert Flyer Seats on Air France

Hi all. We're flying AF in March SFO-CDG in biz. Aircraft is 777 300ER. AF seat maps show biz as 2-2-2. I just checked Expert Flyer for the first time and they're showing 2-3-2 for this aircraft. We're holding 6 E/F (we both get an aisle seat, it's quieter) in the front, smaller cabin. Is there another place I can check to be sure we've picked the best seats? I was pretty much locked into United and Virgin Atlantic for years, so booking other airlines is all rather new to me. Thanks for any insights.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by jsn55
Hi all. We're flying AF in March SFO-CDG in biz. Aircraft is 777 300ER. AF seat maps show biz as 2-2-2..
This is not possible. For a B77W, it is either 1-2-1 (BEST cabins) or 2-3-2 (old seats / NEV4). I hope for you this is the former rather than the latter.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Sorry, a blonde moment. You are right, AF seat maps show 1-2-1 which we booked. So there are some planes on SFO-CDG route with the "old seats"? Can I trust AF's seat map? We fly March 20, 415pm. SeatGuru is little help with 4 versions but no indication of which plane serves our flight. That's why I tried ExpertFlyer and they're worse. I would faint if we boarded to find 2-3-2 seating, but not to worry, my husband would strangle me first.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry, a blonde moment. You are right, AF seat maps show 1-2-1 which we booked. So there are some planes on SFO-CDG route with the "old seats"? Can I trust AF's seat map?
Of course you can trust AF seat map !!! That doesn’t mean you can’t have an equipment change with a different cabin layout between now and your travel date, but AF seat map is always correct at the time you are looking at it.
blairvanhorn and jsn55 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Excellent! Thanks for setting my little mind at ease.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Gold; BW Diamond Select, Hilton Diamond
We flew AF 0083 SFO to CDG in 5EF last month, 777-300 1-2-1. It was a quiet cabin and we chatted occasionally, however we switched to two window seats in the larger cabin on our return flight. It was also quiet, we could look out the windows, and the foot wells are larger. And if we wanted to chat we just stood up and stretched. Good luck with your flight.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You can also trust ExpertFlyer. Just check the day/flight you are taking.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Excellent! Thanks for setting my little mind at ease.
Be aware that an aircraft swap could happen at the last moment. No great, but it does happen.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:43 am
Original Poster

That's what started my concern in the first place. Expert Flyer is, or was, showing a different aircraft, as is/was Seat Guru. Not to mention several versions of each. Not much help. I'm comfortable now knowing that I can "trust" seat maps on Air France. It's almost comical how venturing out from airlines you've flown for years is so scary! Researching Paris and Versailles is much more fun than worrying about the airplane. Thank you all for the good information. Flyertalk is indeed a valuable resource, thanks to all the members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.