Wiki Posts
Search

Priority boarding - shared tickets

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
Priority boarding - shared tickets

Me, my wife and child booked tickets together. Will we be able to board priority using my (the booker) platinum status?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Where are you flying from? Are you taking AF/KL, or subsidiaries, or Skyteam partners?

At CDG, the lady told me that I could bring up to 3 companions for priority service (security and passport control) and of course without any issue with check-in and boarding.

At AMS, the automated machine simply won't allow any pax without Sky Priority using the lane for intra-Europe flights. Maybe the dragon may allow but never tried.

At outstation, it will all depend. In North America, they usually allow a few companions without asking. However, in South America, it is much stricter to the cardholder only for priority boarding. Sometimes you shall just need to talk to the GA in advance to confirm if they allow you to borad with your companions.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
Where are you flying from? Are you taking AF/KL, or subsidiaries, or Skyteam partners?

At CDG, the lady told me that I could bring up to 3 companions for priority service (security and passport control) and of course without any issue with check-in and boarding.

At AMS, the automated machine simply won't allow any pax without Sky Priority using the lane for intra-Europe flights. Maybe the dragon may allow but never tried.

At outstation, it will all depend. In North America, they usually allow a few companions without asking. However, in South America, it is much stricter to the cardholder only for priority boarding. Sometimes you shall just need to talk to the GA in advance to confirm if they allow you to borad with your companions.
"South America" is quite diverse so I am not sure we can generalize about an entire continent's SkyPriority policies! From personal experience, I have personally been able to use my charms to get two guests into the lounge in Sao Paolo, and THREE adult guests into priority checkin, security and boarding at EZE.
If we do want to generalize: In South America, rules are often bent depending on the whim of the person on the day, and it certainly helps to be well dressed and polite because the class differences on that continent are indeed quite massive. Speaking the language can also be helpful, although on the other hand English is also a sign of social status and that can also play to your advantage.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

"South America" is quite diverse so I am not sure we can generalize about an entire continent's application of SkyPriority policies! From personal experience, I have personally been able to get two guests into the lounge in Sao Paolo, and THREE adult guests into priority checkin, security and boarding at EZE.
If we do want to generalize: In South America, rules are often bent depending on the whim of the person on the day, and it certainly helps to be well dressed and polite because the class differences on that continent are indeed quite massive. Speaking the language can also be helpful, although on the other hand English is also a sign of social status and that can also play to your advantage.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by KLBGO
Me, my wife and child booked tickets together. Will we be able to board priority using my (the booker) platinum status?
Officially, SkyPriority is only for the status holder.

Unofficially, where humans do the eligibility checking, companions are usually ok. I have never seen a companion to a status holder get kicked out of the priority boarding line.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:24 am

My girlfriend always uses the ams automated machine in skypriority lane... always open and she is silver...

Unfortunately or fortunately... Never in bsl or str loll
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
When I travel with my girlfriend she does not have ST E+ but is never problem to use fast track and priority boarding - security check gate must be accompanied by humans but they never have a problem. She was refused only in VIE and not once, so clearly it does not work there. Using business class counter even she is on different PNR never problem.

Looks like I used phrase never problem in this article more than in my whole life lol
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Didn't have a problem to take a DL Silver (Skyteam Elite and thus not Sky Priority) companion with me (DL Platinum) at places like AMS and EZE on multiple occasions recently. Very rarely got asked whether we were "traveling together".
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Officially, SkyPriority is only for the status holder.

Unofficially, where humans do the eligibility checking, companions are usually ok. I have never seen a companion to a status holder get kicked out of the priority boarding line.
Visit BCN
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05
Visit BCN
I have personal experience in BCN of it being fine?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Never had an issue for check-in, security or boarding. Just say "they're with me" and it shouldn't be an issue in most places (but I definitely did not fly everywhere). When you have "automated gates", you can sometimes kindly ask a check-in or whatever agent you can find to add the SkyPriority tag to your companions boarding pass. I have at least one instance where it worked (and tbh, the only place I tried/needed it), in GVA: they have an automated gate for SP security. The friend traveling with me did not have SP, so we went to an agent nearby and kindly asked him if he could reissue a boarding pass with SP for my friend (what I assume is probably just a tick-box in their system), and he obliged. SP is not inherently linked to status, since you can get it through other means than FF status STE+. Hence why I believe it can be manually added. It definitely help if you're flying from an airport that has actual AF staff or people that really know the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.