Seat selection on MU marketed, AF/KL operated flights

Old Sep 2, 19, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Seat selection on MU marketed, AF/KL operated flights

I have some flights coming up to Shanghai, all marketed by China Eastern but 2 operated by AF and 2 by KL. Seat selection is not possible on AF nor KL app/website, contacted China Eastern but they said they cannot do it and it is the fault of AF. Also tried Saudia (found it in some threads) to no avail. In Business and I am FB Gold so should be available before OLCI I hope...

Does anyone have a recommendation?
Old Sep 2, 19, 6:26 am

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by TLSpace View Post
I have some flights coming up to Shanghai, all marketed by China Eastern but 2 operated by AF and 2 by KL. Seat selection is not possible on AF nor KL app/website, contacted China Eastern but they said they cannot do it and it is the fault of AF. Also tried Saudia (found it in some threads) to no avail. In Business and I am FB Gold so should be available before OLCI I hope...

Does anyone have a recommendation?
Hi did you try the seat selection on Garuda website ? Is your FB Gold well inserted? You can try to reinsert in on the af mobile website (not the app) or Garuda one.
AF on Facebook messenger can also be contacted if the flight is operated by AF.
Old Sep 2, 19, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
The joy of traveling on code-shares
to OP : be prepared for no advance selection possible even in J (it happened to me on VN metal AF-coded in J : only at check-in). It’s unbelievable that they are still not able to solve that kind of issues after years of collaboration in an alliance and JV.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 19, 2:45 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
In my case, they took good care of and put me in Economy Comfort on KLM. Just to say, that I ended up sorting it out on the day of the flight. But I was in economy, gold at the time.
Old Sep 3, 19, 3:02 am
Original Poster

@catsniper75: Thanks for the AF Facebook tip, after multiple disappointing experiences I was reluctant to write them. However they apologized that they could not do it yet, only at T-48H. They left a note to do it at that time automatically. I will remind them though!

@Goldorak: really unbelievable indeed…
Old Oct 18, 19, 3:08 am
Original Poster

For any future flyers: the AF Facebook team was able to select my preferred seat at -48hrs, at that time the seat selection becomes available to AF on this particular codeshare. For the return on KLM nothing was possible before OLCI at -30hrs, however I was lucky enought to have 1A still available (could this be due to my FB Gold status?).

Other than the seat selection no problems whatsoever and perfect service on both AF and KL long-haul flights!
Porcepic likes this.

Search this Thread