Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX MR Not Transferring to FB?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

AMEX MR Not Transferring to FB?

Both wife and I attempted to transfer points last night to book. Showed pending for a few hours, then cancelled and points returned.

Amex directed me to AF, AF informed me that currently no one is able to transfer MR and to try again tomorrow.

Anyone have same experience? Any ideas how long a fix would take? Already booked return leg and will light myself on fire if seats disappear in the meantime.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steven2203
Both wife and I attempted to transfer points last night to book. Showed pending for a few hours, then cancelled and points returned.

Amex directed me to AF, AF informed me that currently no one is able to transfer MR and to try again tomorrow.

Anyone have same experience? Any ideas how long a fix would take? Already booked return leg and will light myself on fire if seats disappear in the meantime.
Have you asked AF if they would be willing to place the award on hold in the meantime due to the circumstance?
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I did, they politely declined.

However, it looks like the bug has been fixed. Tried again about thirty mins ago and the transfer went through instantaneously.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Beware.

AF may cancel your ticket after you book a Flying Blue reward using Amex MR points if you have no history of collecting miles from flights into that Flying Blue account.

Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Yep, read through that whole super concerning thread. Transfer was only 53,000.

Now in limbo today, as the MR have been credited back into my AMEX account, but Air France reservation still intact. On my activity page, it shows the MR being credited to my FB account, then being used for the flight. The seat I selected is marked as occupied on expertflyer.

Just no idea why the MR are back in my AMEX account. My AF flight is "confirmed" on my FB page and I have a PNR. Per the thread you linked, the issue was not them "cancelling the ticket" but rather refusing to allow booking after MR's were transfered.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the MR points are back in your account, I can guarantee you with 99.99% certainty that your ticket will be cancelled sometime between now and gate closing time.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Well, nothing to do about it now I guess. I called FB and asked to check on my reservation. Agent had no idea why my MR went back to my AMEX account, but confirmed the 53,000 points were received from Amex to FB, and then used to purchase the award ticket. The copay went through on my credit card. The agent assured me that my ticket looks perfectly fine and I will have no issues. Am I absolutely skeptical? Of course. Perhaps I can slide into that.01% you referred to.
SuperKirby and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It's probably an AMEX bug. Another one after they had problem transferring miles. It will be straightened out.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The disaster here would be if both sides were to "correct" the error; FB to cancel the ticket, and AMEX to take the points away again.
SuperKirby and steven2203 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:42 pm

I think mine's a separate issue but FWIW I wasn't able to transfer any FB points from MR (I tried this AM)...

So I called MR and they said due to security reasons you cannot transfer Air France/FB points on Saturdays and Sundays (not sure if this is a temp or permanent thing). However they said if I call MR's agent they can do it for me on the weekends.
Called MR, got my points transferred to AF/FB. Points got into account 1 minute later. Booked two legs without any problems (46000 FB its total). Hopefully all is good.

Learn something new everyday!

FWIW you can transfer UR points to AF no problem on the weekends.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
So I called MR and they said due to security reasons you cannot transfer Air France/FB points on Saturdays and Sundays.
What's so scary about weekends?

Johan
SuperKirby and drjeffrock like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
What's so scary about weekends?

Johan
There's always an excuse for everything
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Just a friendly tip - keep an eye on your credit card charge for the award flight copay.

AF/FB charged mine Thursday when i booked the flights, and it was approved by AMEX. This morning AF reversed the charges. About to go call them and plead for them to take my money. Reservation is still intact, though I doubt for much longer.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Looping back around after a month.

Yesterday the AMEX MR finally disappeared from my AMEX account. Guess they finally got around to auditing. Both reservations have associated ticket numbers, seats selected, and sets shown as occupied on expert flyer.

Crossing fingers, but a data point that you can use recently new accounts to book tickets with transferred points.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out for you!
steven2203 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.