Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Promo awards January 2019

Hi

Here they are

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local...ons-miles.htm#

This time , most offers are for asia and middle east

Pretty good deal to la reunion for 29000 miles (-50 %)

Keep in mind that this month the travel period last 4 months and not 3

thanks

happy new year
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two

Keep in mind that this month the travel period last 4 months and not 3
Which destinations are you seeing bookable for 4 months?

Bonne année!

PS: Is "Lome" a different destination than "Lomé"?
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Which destinations are you seeing bookable for 4 months?

Bonne année!

PS: Is "Lome" a different destination than "Lomé"?
take a look at all dates for all destinations , January 3rd until April 30th

I know there maybe some misunderstandings about dates when numbers are below 12 cause french display dates in another way , but in this case it seems clear for me (or maybe its a bug and the site shows incorrect informations)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

take a look at all dates for all destinations , January 3rd until April 30th

I know there maybe some misunderstandings about dates when numbers are below 12 cause french display dates in another way , but in this case it seems clear for me (or maybe its a bug and the site shows incorrect informations)
Ah; now I see where you got this "4 months".

Look again at my screenshot above; I have highlighted in green what the correct period is.

You, instead, were looking at the "03/01/2019-30/04/2019" which I didn't even notice first, and incorrectly interpreted the first one as 3 January when it is obvious that they mixed up the month and year and it should be 01/03/2019.

However, if you can find destinations for which the Promo Award rate is available from tomorrow onwards, I will stand corrected! I don't recall that there there has ever previously been a Promo Award period where you could travel during the booking period (ie book in January, travel in January) so this should be seen as an obvious typo.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Looking at that lot, the standout deals appear, to me, to be Amman at 67,500 in Business, Kuwait and Abu Dhabi at 33,000 in Economy, St. Denis at 29,000 in Economy, Moscow at 18,000 miles in Economy and Lome at 39,000 in Economy. Interestingly, they don't specify if you are getting a 25%, 30% or 50% deal like they used to. Maybe it's better not to know.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
Looking at that lot, the standout deals appear, to me, to be ...... Moscow at 18,000 miles in Economy
seriously ?? 18k miles for a europe <-> moscow is a standout deal for you ?? you can go there next weekend with ST for 200 euros , so trust me its a scam considering the amount of miles they ask (even -40% is a joke)

20k (more or less) is usually the amount of miles for flights to middle east (dxb, auh , dmm ....) when they dare make good promo awards

Interestingly, they don't specify if you are getting a 25%, 30% or 50% deal like they used to. Maybe it's better not to know.
yes they do , in the flying blue website

https://flyingblue.pl/en/flights/promo-rewards

this month the only destination for -50% is .. RUN
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Jan 2, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it was ok, for a destination that I guess used to be quite expensive but no longer is. Lufthansa ask a lot more miles for that destination, but I suppose BA are quite reasonable because they have Reward Flight Saver. Is it really only EUR200 to go there these days? It used to be hundreds of Euros, even in economy class. Surely the 18,000 miles includes a connecting flight anywhere in Europe? I still think it is not unreasonable, given the distance. If you start at MAD, or DUB, or LIS, then that makes it potentially ok.

But will there be any interesting quirks because of the dynamic pricing, I wonder? We usually see a couple of interesting miles price points with each promotion round. For example, in the example above, does the price stay at 18,000 miles no matter where you start from, or does it fluctuate in function of what a paid ticket would cost?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:23 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Is it really only EUR200 to go there these days?
yes , its around this price from most eu airports . run simulations and you will see

It used to be hundreds of Euros, even in economy class
only diamonds are forever

Surely the 18,000 miles includes a connecting flight anywhere in Europe?
just made a test and i cant get promo awards to SVO from WAW but it works from CDG with directs flights

Of course 75euros of fees , which mean almost half the price of cheapest ticket from CDG
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am beginning to see what you mean. European tickets are obviously not worth spending miles on, but I have been spending miles to get to offbeat places in Russia (such as Samara KUF) and I have found that to be a genuinely reasonable deal.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only diamonds are forever
Unless it's Delta Diamond.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I am beginning to see what you mean. European tickets are obviously not worth spending miles on, but I have been spending miles to get to offbeat places in Russia (such as Samara KUF) and I have found that to be a genuinely reasonable deal.
thats another story , cause flights from european union to russian cities (other than st petersburg and moscow) are really expensive , especially if a layover is required

belavia or ural airlines can be very cheap but there are two cons
  • long overnight layovers mean stay in hotel
  • transit between belarus and russia require an additional visa (depends on your nationality or passports)
for instance its 50% cheaper for me to go to astana rather than novosibirsk , same can be said about flights to sochi or rostov which are 50% or 100% more expensive than flights to yerevan or baku
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.