Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyway to fly CDG to LAX in Biz for 50k points?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Anyway to fly CDG to LAX in Biz for 50k points?

A friend told me that it was possible to fly with only 50,000 points each for 5 of my family members from CDG to LAX on July 29, 2019 but he is out of town now and I can't reach him. I looked online and can't seem to find any airlines that fly in business for only 50,000 miles/points. Would any of you know which airlines I could redeem this on?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Do you believe in Santa Claus ?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Do you believe in Santa Claus ?

Ha, ha. Exactly. Ok, I thought it sounded too good to be true and told him as such. But he said he was speaking to one of those reputable ticket booking services. I looked online and they seem to have a good reputation (Juicy Miles) and see them mentioned on several blogs. But I told him I didn't think it was possible.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Actually there must be a way to do it as he just told me again that they offered 5 on August 3 for the 50,000 miles + $300 in various taxes/fees. He didn't end up doing it as he was flying coach but am curious what airline you can accomplish this with?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:24 am

Maybe through KE? But that requires KE miles and a RT.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum
The lowest KLM/AF offers me is 192.500 + EUR 500, if you manage to find it for 50k, please let me know.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Maybe fly to YVR and then take the Coast Starlight all the way south? YEG/YYC/YVR shall probably have larger availability in the lowest O class.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

I'm still not sure of the airlines used but he forwarded me the email. It doesn't say any airlines involved but my friend said that he needed to transfer points from Chase UR and AMEX Membership Rewards. I wish he would have booked it so I could have seen how it could be accomplished. I've never used the company - Award Booking Service | Juicy Miles But I've read many positive reviews on various blogs on BoardingArea.

Not only did they offer 50,000 for 5 Biz class tickets from CDG-LAX but they also said they could do 50,000 miles/points from CDG-SLC as well. They also said DUB-JFK was also 50,000 points and they said they could do 5 tickets as well.

I'm still really curious how they could find 5 tickets in Biz for so few miles/points. Maybe there is some promotion going on with some transfer partner? And no this wasn't flying from anywhere else first. The email said non-stop direct flight from CDG to LAX or CDG-SLC.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:18 am

I personally find these type of websites a bit dodgy, it might be worth it if you're basing your trip on Amex MR/Chase UR etc. which are flexible and be converted to many programs, but if you're using miles that are already in an FFP why would you need to pay someone 125$ per person to do what you can easily do yourself?
I'm not even sure why you posted this in the AF/KL forum, was there any indication that those 50000 "miles/points" are FB ones?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ditto
I personally find these type of websites a bit dodgy, it might be worth it if you're basing your trip on Amex MR/Chase UR etc. which are flexible and be converted to many programs, but if you're using miles that are already in an FFP why would you need to pay someone 125$ per person to do what you can easily do yourself?
I'm not even sure why you posted this in the AF/KL forum, was there any indication that those 50000 "miles/points" are FB ones?

I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum. I thought it may be AF but wasn't sure. To be clear, I have NEVER used one of these ticket services companies but as mentioned, I have read some reputable bloggers on BoardingArea that have used them. I just got curious when I heard so few points/miles. I guess it's worth the $125 fee they charge if they really can do it as no one I've talked to that are frequent flyers know how they are doing it.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Boturham
The lowest KLM/AF offers me is 192.500 + EUR 500, if you manage to find it for 50k, please let me know.
i defintely booked a pair of LAX-CDG tickets NEXT YEAR FOR 53.000 each in business class.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6948

i defintely booked a pair of LAX-CDG tickets NEXT YEAR FOR 53.000 each in business class.
Can I ask what airline?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by saint
Can I ask what airline?
Air France. It was only available for some flights operated by the A380. I booked for 22 Sep 2019. I could also see LAX-ICN- CDG with KE in J for 70k. Wanted to book that but my partner said I was insane...
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
one-way or round trip ? Promo award ?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
one-way or round trip ? Promo award ?
it is one way and not promo award

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.