Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge delay announced 5 days beofre travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Huge delay announced 5 days beofre travel

So I am due to fly from CAI-CDG-MPL on Sunday. Flight was due to leave at 01:55.

I get the following email which means a 10.5 hour delay due to operational issues!

Your flight number AF567 has been delayed to 12:25 on 12/09/2018

We are very sorry, but due to operational reasons your flight has been delayed. We realise that this is inconvenient and are doing our best to make your flight depart as soon as possible.

Please consult the new check-in deadline indicated on www.airfrance.com or on the AF app.

Rest assured of our relentless commitment to deliver the best possible service.

Yours sincerely,

Air France Customer Service
As I was leaving in the middle of the night I do not have a hotel booked. Will AF book me another night at my hotel? Will look to claim EU261 when I land but I hope I can catch a connecting flight!

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? The app and the website show the original flight time too...

Last edited by ManuG14; Dec 4, 2018 at 6:25 am
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Odd for them to announce this so early on. I'd keep an eye on their fight status page(s) as it wouldn't be the first time that such email is sent in error.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks Xandrios, it is strange to announce such a problem so early! Especially as everyone will be looking at EU261, they have plenty of time to fix it.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Get in touch with them and request a reroute or a hotel reservation. Better to have it at hand in advance.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
While AF website still shows the flight, EF shows cancelled flights from CAI both on Sunday and Monday. Strange.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I have requested my travel agent to reroute but it will be a downgrade from business to economy.

Hope its just a mistake!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Given the discrepancy and the odd timing, I would telephone AF directly and ask. Before booking a hotel, asking for a reroute and voluntarily changing and downgrading, it would make sense to know that there really is a significant change.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is a Joon route, so with A340, and I think they have some operational issues with those aging A340. I am guessing the one scheduled to operate OP's flight could be in maintenance and scheduled to be released at a time leading to the delay announced.
They should definitely take care of your extra night in CAI.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:15 pm

Would it be the same plane than BOM-CDG canceled today without notice?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by breton1fr
Would it be the same plane than BOM-CDG canceled today without notice?
Could be. The inbound CDG-BOM’today has diverted to KWI for mechanical problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.