Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can't book a FB flight from Nashville

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:58 am
Original Poster

I can't book a FB flight from Nashville

If I weren't already bald I would be pulling my hair out.
I have 50,000 miles which I used in 2017 to book a flight bna-cdg. We cancelled the trip, and I deposited the miles back into my account. Now I cannot find a single flight from BNA to anywhere using miles. I always get "not available on your date". There were plenty of flight to many locations including US cities last year.

I also cannot logon to the FB page. I have to go through klm or af.
Is it impossible to fly from BNA using fb?
Do I need to call AF or a different #?
I would like to book bna-PAR next sept or oct.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:15 pm

You mean Paris with PAR?
Then there is wide availability from BNA to CDG. For example outbound on 12 sept and inbound on 19 sept.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I put in the information on the klm site, and this is what I get:

No flights available on your travel dates. Please change your selection.

Which website are you using?

When I try to use the FB website I get the message : That account cannot be found?

Well, at least now I know flights are available. It seems like some kind of glitch??
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:31 pm

It’s just the KLM app but I’m sure the AF and KL homepage give the same results.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
To OP : you said in your 1st post that you cannot log in to your FB account and that you booked an award ticket in 2017, then cancelled the trip and have the miles re-credited to your account.
Are you sure your miles have not expired and your account closed (inactive account with balance = 0) ? Cancelling an award and have the miles re-credited do not extend their expiry date.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

They expire 4-1-19. I show a balance of 50k
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by goaeiou
They expire 4-1-19. I show a balance of 50k
so this means you can login to your FB account ?
glennhaak likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

I can login to FB on the klm or af site. I cannot login on the FB website. I keep getting a message there that they don't recognize the account.
Both airline sites show 50k miles, and I received an email from FB showing 50k that expire on 4-30-19. The email says I can book a flight before then for up to 330 days out.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by goaeiou
I can login to FB on the klm or af site. I cannot login on the FB website. I keep getting a message there that they don't recognize the account.
Both airline sites show 50k miles, and I received an email from FB showing 50k that expire on 4-30-19. The email says I can book a flight before then for up to 330 days out.
You do not need to go to the Flying Blue website to book a ticket. (In fact, it will send you to one of the airlines' websites to book a ticket)

Go to the KLM website.

Then click on the "Flying Blue" link along the top banner.

On the Flying Blue page you are brought to, click on "Buy a ticket with Miles" under the heading "Spend Miles".

Book your ticket.

glennhaak likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Wow, Finally, but I still don't get it. I had to uncheck the "I'm looking for a flight around this date" box. It only gives me one day, but at least I can look at what is available. No problem searching with a full calendar from ATL to CDG.
For some reason I cannot look at a flight from BNA to anywhere with the multi- date box checked.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I think it's because the calendar view only shows AF/KL flights, not DL or other partners, so since AF/KL don't fly to BNA, you get no result.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Ok
Thanks.
The price of a flight has gone up 4k per ticket, but I can either buy miles or transfer from Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.