Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Regular Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get them maybe once a year or so, never figured out if there's any logic to the decision making process. Last one was a month or so ago.

Johan
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
I never received any in the 4 years I'm platinum now.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by westi2002
I never received any in the 4 years I'm platinum now.
Me neither, being an LTPE.
(I guess Johan gets this as KLM likes his great sense of humor )
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Some...
I'm puzzled with these cards. The name of the passenger can be seen by anyone. I'm not someone over cautious about privacy but nonetheless...

And last time I saw one, it was one the seat next to mine (the card wasn't meant for me). But when the passenger arrived he said it wasn't his name. I was in PE, the flight was full. My guess is the original passenger was either a no show or bumped into business class so he never was able to appreciate the gesture...
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by thibderoc
I'm puzzled with these cards. The name of the passenger can be seen by anyone. I'm not someone over cautious about privacy but nonetheless...
True, but pax names appear very clearly on many baggage tags in overhead bins. And we have regular announcements on PA before departure like "we are paging passengers XXX & YYY, please report to a crew member".
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by thibderoc
I am not sure how someone would benefit from knowing my name or how I would be offended that some stranger who probably does not give...anything knows my name for one minute.

You probably travel too much to see you mistress?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I wanted to point out that if you are FB Gold/Platinum, you can request upgrades for "domestic" flights on DL. It's not the best perk, but it's not bad for those who travel on domestic DL or live in the US and it appears that FB Plats are considered equal to DL PMs.

It was a surprise treat when I got upgraded twice the past month after getting Gold, YYZ-DTW and SEA-RDU.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by physicsdude
I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I wanted to point out that if you are FB Gold/Platinum, you can request upgrades for "domestic" flights on DL. It's not the best perk, but it's not bad for those who travel on domestic DL or live in the US and it appears that FB Plats are considered equal to DL PMs.

It was a surprise treat when I got upgraded twice the past month after getting Gold, YYZ-DTW and SEA-RDU.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this happens automatically. No need to request the upgrade on domestic DL flights when you use your FB number with STE+.

However, I believe that FB status holders, even Platinum, are at the bottom of the totem pole, even below Delta Gold medallion for example.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:32 pm

I think it happens automatically however I have always made sure in app to request an upgrade. Being as FB Plat number 119 on DTW-ATL, will never forget it. At least I had exit row window seat Scored once upgrade, day after covid came to Florida on MIA-JFK and I was the only one on upgrade list as well. It is a nice perk, but I'd rather have Sky Club access on domestic itineraries, both when booked in Y or F.

PS: The trhu is basically everyone with DL card is ahead of you.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by 747jetter
It is a nice perk, but I'd rather have Sky Club access on domestic itineraries, both when booked in Y or F.

Agreed. I take ~20 domestic DL flights per year and receive upgrades on maybe 5-10%. The unfortunate (?) part is that you cannot refuse it. Last month I was “upgraded” from economy (aisle seat, first row of economy) to a Comfort+ middle seat (1 row ahead but middle seat). I tried to keep my original seat, but it was too late—it had already been given to a standby passenger.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:43 pm

I think it happens automatically however I have always made sure in app to request an upgrade. Being as FB Plat number 119 on DTW-ATL, will never forget it. At least I had exit row window seat Scored once upgrade, day after covid came to Florida on MIA-JFK and I was the only one on upgrade list as well. It is a nice perk, but I'd rather have Sky Club access on domestic itineraries, both when booked in Y or F.

Nice!

Thanks for the clarification and this makes sense as the info on the FB Plat = DL PM was given by a BOS DL gate agent but it didn't seem 100% convincing. Upgrades on DL hub-to-hub routes have like 15 DL 360 or Diamond members on the upgrade list so it's impossible for an upgrade. I totally agree that non DL STE+ members should get Sky Club access as every other ST program allows for STE+ to get lounge access to their own lounges except DL. It's not like DL's Sky Clubs are much more pristine they claim it to be and I'm certainly not going to waste $600 just for a membership.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
It is a nice perk, but I'd rather have Sky Club access on domestic itineraries, both when booked in Y or F.
There was a proposal amongst skyteam members to add domestic lounge access as a STE+ perk but I suspect members have been dragging their feet and throwing a fit, especially DL.

Naturally exclusions for domestic FFs was also part of these discussions. (IE no domestic access in the US for DL FF)

Last edited by Digicola; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by gncohen
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe this happens automatically. No need to request the upgrade on domestic DL flights when you use your FB number with STE+.

However, I believe that FB status holders, even Platinum, are at the bottom of the totem pole, even below Delta Gold medallion for example.
This makes sense. Although, I did jump ahead a few DL GM on the list when I was upgraded those two times but I guess it was pure luck or a glitch in the system.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by gncohen
Agreed. I take ~20 domestic DL flights per year and receive upgrades on maybe 5-10%. The unfortunate (?) part is that you cannot refuse it. Last month I was “upgraded” from economy (aisle seat, first row of economy) to a Comfort+ middle seat (1 row ahead but middle seat). I tried to keep my original seat, but it was too late—it had already been given to a standby passenger.
A few years ago I did twice Germany - USA - SLC & GRU and I got comfort upgrade on all long haul flights like some other pax as well. They cleared into Comfort and I knew on visible seat map in app shortly before boarding / shortly after upgrade that there iare 3 seats in one row empty so gate agent changed my seat back to "regular" economy. I think it works, you just have to be quick.

PS: You are upgradeable on all fares except the basic on DL domestic.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by physicsdude

This exists for decades and this was existing with NW before the merger with DL, although at the time of NW, we were not at the rock bottom of the list
schlegfr and physicsdude like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.