Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Unable to book Delta, WestJet or Jet Airways on Flying Blue website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Hi All - I posted this last week on the issues stickied thread, but haven't heard anything so reposting here. I'm not sure if these are issues that only I am facing, but it looks like I'm unable to use Flying Blue miles to book on several partner airlines from Canada. All flights are from YYZ.

Example 1: Unable to book to Hawaii on Delta. When I search YYZ-HNL (tried multiple dates: a few weeks out, in April, and next September), I get the message "No flights available for your travel dates. Please change your selection". I got this message even for example searches for YYZ-JFK and YYZ-ATL (which I know Delta flies nonstop), and for JFK-HNL. Separately, on the Flying Blue website's mileage estimator, it said that the YYZ-HNL segment cannot be booked, though it did say the others (JFK, ATL, and JFK-HNL) could be booked.

Example 2: Unable to book any WestJet routings. I know there was an agreement recently allowing reciprocal use of WestJet dollars and Flying Blue miles on each other's networks, but I haven't been able to book anything. Does anyone know if this is active, or if it's limited to certain routes?

Example 3: Jet Airways - I was looking into a trip to India, but could only search routes where AF/KL flew (i.e. BOM, DEL, BLR) but not other cities that are served by 9W. I also thought 9W was a Flying Blue partner for both mileage accrual and redemption, but again unable to book. For this one, I also called in, and the agent wasn't able to book this either. I haven't called yet for the other 2 issues.

Curious to see if this is a common issue and if there's any fix. Thank you.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: FB Plat
If you are looking to buy using miles, then it is perfectly normal. That a flight can be bought using cash doesn't mean that there are availabilities to buy using miles.
Especially, flights from the airline delivering the FFP (AF/KL/A5/etc) will always have more availabilities than the partners (DL/9W/WS/etc). A DL Skymile user will see more availabilities from DL flights than on WS/AF/KL/9W/etc , and so on.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks for your reply. I figured this might be the case but I've tried several dates, including several months out, and it seems like I have no access to any seats or routes operated by DL, 9W or WS...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aprameya
including several months out, and it seems like I have no access to any seats or routes operated by ...9W
Given that airline's precarious financial situation, you may want to think twice before booking too far out.

Johan
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Try looking up availability via KLM app. I booked yesterday a ticket to HNL on DL (from West Coast), and on KL website, there was no availability, whereas KL app found easily available seats. KL app however cannot process payments properly (crashes every time, no matter whether you're booking a ticket or paying for an upgrade), so I called KL and booked by phone. The agent found easily the same flights I identified on the app, and then processed the rest over the phone.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by ok986
Try looking up availability via KLM app. I booked yesterday a ticket to HNL on DL (from West Coast), and on KL website, there was no availability, whereas KL app found easily available seats. KL app however cannot process payments properly (crashes every time, no matter whether you're booking a ticket or paying for an upgrade), so I called KL and booked by phone. The agent found easily the same flights I identified on the app, and then processed the rest over the phone.
And to add to this, if you indicate that the website/app does not process the payment correctly, 9/10 times they waive the phone-booking fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.