Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partnership FlyingBlue / LeClubAccorHotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Bye bye AccorHotels and hello Booking.com .....
https://www.latribune.fr/entreprises...it-791591.html
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by fifty_two
good luck
No news yet.

Called to enquire and was told that my case had not been processed yet. Was promised it would be put on top of the stack.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
good luck
Your best wishes have not born fruits yet.

I tried the chat for a change. The advantage is you can send attachments. Which I did.

It took me ages to make the lady understand what I was talking about. She asked me so many stupid questions and irrelevant questions such as if I had paid with Amex or if I was a LCAH member.

Eventually, after mentioning booking.com, she got it after I told her that it was the same system, but with Accor, prior to their new agreement with booking.com

I then called FB and was told that the lady had sent the reminder.

The guy I spoke with said they were 3 months behind for retro-claims.

He sounded optimistic that I would get my miles with a week.

10 days have passed, and guess what .... No miles (yet )
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Bye bye AccorHotels and hello Booking.com .....
https://www.latribune.fr/entreprises...it-791591.html

Yes, BUT:

I just received an email from "shopformiles", and Accor is a partner!

35 miles/10 euros spent....

I went through the process and it took me to an Accor page, where I could log in and was offered LCAH memeber rate, so I would still get Accor points in LCAH....

I am however concerned by the following wording:

" Vous pouvez faire décoller vos Miles Flying Blue avec Le Club AccorHotels. En collaboration avec shop for Miles, le cybermarchand offre jusqu'à 35 Miles à ses clients pour 10 euros dépensés. La générosité des Miles est variable selon les périodes et notamment pendant les promotions spéciales où les offres de Miles proposées peuvent être supérieures à la normale. A signaler les Miles AccorHotels ne peuvent être cumulés avec le programme Star de l'enseigne. Il n'est pas non plus cumulable avec les avantages spécifiques de la société ni aux comptes corporate. De même pour les achats réalisés via l'application mobile de l'entreprise. "

Google translated with minor corections:
" You can make your Flying Blue Miles take off with Le Club AccorHotels. In collaboration with shop for Miles, the e-retailer offers up to 35 miles to customers for 10 euros spent. The generosity of the Miles is variable according to the periods and especially during the special promotions where the proposed Miles offers may be higher than normal. Note that AccorHotels Miles can not be combined with the Star program of the brand. It is also not combinable with the specific benefits of the company or corporate accounts. The same applies to purchases made via the company's mobile application.

What is the relationship between "more Flying Blue miles" and "LCAH" other than converting points into miles, but there is no need to go through shop for miles for that, is there?

Any idea anyone?

Last edited by carnarvon; Nov 23, 2018 at 1:01 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:22 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
What is the relationship between "more Flying Blue miles" and "LCAH" other than converting points into miles, but there is no need to go through shop for miles for that, is there?
Any idea anyone?
35miles per 10 euros spent ..... but only in Sofitel / Pullman / MGallery / Grand Mercure / The Sebel

about wording , my guess is that you will get only FB miles and no LCAH points/benefits , as you booked from a 3rd party

but , as you are redirected to the LCAH page , at some point i think you will be asked to give your FB id , or later you will need to claim your miles from shop4miles

keep in mind that this offer seems temporary and looking at the agreements done by shop4miles with other partners , earnings are very weak , and most of them are based in france so not really useful

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 23, 2018 at 2:34 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:13 am

(...) but , as you are redirected to the LCAH page , at some point i think you will be asked to give your FB id , or later you will need to claim your miles from shop4miles (...)
My understanding is that by first logging-in on https://shopformiles.flyingblue.com/fr website (FB log-in and password), then clicking on 'j'en profite", it opens the partner website page and deposits a cookie at the same time.

No need to enter the FB number after that. This how it worked with Norauto. I got the miles without ever entering my FB number on Norauto website, thanks to the cookie.

I called FB but they are clueless. They hardly know what shopformiles is as they only deal with airline miles....

Last edited by carnarvon; Nov 23, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

about wording , my guess is that you will get only FB miles and no LCAH points/benefits , as you booked from a 3rd party
I have never used shopformiles but it looks to me that it operates like a referral site (like topcashback, quidco, poulpeo or, to take an airline example, the British Airways e-store). If that is so, you still book on the LCAH website. IME, such bookings via referral sites are never treated as bookings from 3rd party. That would be extremely unusual for Accor to deny normal accrual rules.
If you look at the rate of accrual, it is not especially generous anyway if you compare it to sites like topcashback or quidco, where the standard cashback is 10% for Sofitel, Pullman, etc... and regularly more than that during (frequent) promotion periods. Using topcashback or quidco for my accor bookings has never led to the denial of Accor points or perks.

What has happened more recently, on the other hand, with some programmes (such as HIlton or the hotels.com programme) is that the rate of accrual on referral sites has been lowered if you book your stay as a member of the loyalty programme. So, what would be more likely to happen if it is indeed the case that referral and earning accor points are incompatible, would be that the FB points would not be credited desipte going via shopformiles rather than the other way around. As I said, however, given that the shopformiles offer is not particularly generous and signfiicantly below what is available through other referral sites, I would be surprised that FB points would not be awarded but you never know...

Last edited by NickB; Nov 23, 2018 at 3:31 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by NickB
(...) Using topcashback or quidco for my accor bookings has never led to the denial of Accor points or perks. (...)
thank you for advising about those 2 sites.

I checked and they say,

"What could stop me from getting cash back?
  • Accor Le CLUB loyalty program, group rates, partner rates, company rates, travel agency rates are not eligible for cash back. "
which does not seem to be true according to your experience.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thank you for advising about those 2 sites.

I checked and they say,

"What could stop me from getting cash back?
  • Accor Le CLUB loyalty program, group rates, partner rates, company rates, travel agency rates are not eligible for cash back. "
which does not seem to be true according to your experience.
Can't speak for corporate or travel agency rates but ordinary public accor rates (including those reserved to members) have never created a problem for me with earning cashback. My last Accor booking was this summer and it all posted normally. Don't know for sure if the terms reflect a recent change but I suspect not.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:51 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

thanks to the cookie.
ok i need to check , but in my opinion its almost impossible to earn a lot with shop4miles (or maybe i missed smtg)

I called FB but they are clueless. They hardly know what shopformiles is as they deal only with airline miles....
shop4miles is provided by another company/entity , separate from airfrance and flyingblue , and even the FB support team is a 3rd party , so dont expect too much cooperation
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:58 am

(...)but , as you are redirected to the LCAH page , at some point i think you will be asked to give your FB id , or later you will need to claim your miles from shop4miles (...)l
Here is their answer to my quesiton about the maening of "make your FB miles take off with LCAH":
" Bonjour Monsieur ,

Nous vous remercions pour votre message du 23/11/2018. Suite à votre demande, nous vous informons que le marchand Accorhotels.com propose le cumul des Miles pour les porteurs de la Carte de Fidélité AccorHotels Gold et Platinum qui en rapport avec le Club Accorhotels. Pour gagner des Miles sur chacun de vos achats en ligne :
  • Identifiez-vous sur Flying Blue Shop for Miles, via le site Flying Blue, et recherchez votre enseigne ;
  • Vérifiez les conditions d’attribution des Miles sur les fiches de nos enseignes partenaires dans la partie "Condition de l’offre" ;
  • Cliquez sur le lien «J’en profite» ;
  • Évitez de préparer votre panier à l’avance et passez votre commande sans visiter d’autres sites en parallèle afin de ne pas perdre le cookie déposé ;
Votre achat apparaîtra sur votre compte Flying Blue Shop for Miles dans un délai de 2 à 7 jours ouvrés après votre achat et vos Miles seront validés dans un délai allant de 48h à 90 jours, si toutes les conditions ont été respectées."

Usual Google translation:

" Hello Mr. ,

We thank you for your message of 23/11/2018.

Following your request, we inform you that the Merchant Accorhotels.com offers the accumulation of Miles for the holders of the AccorHotels Gold and Platinum Loyalty Card in connection with the Accorhotels Club.

To earn miles on each of your online purchases:

Log into Flying Blue Shop for Miles, via the Flying Blue website, and search for your brand;
Check the conditions for awarding Miles on the cards of our partner brands in the "Offer Condition" section;
Click on the link "I take advantage of it";
Avoid preparing your shopping cart in advance and place your order without visiting other sites in parallel so as not to lose the deposited cookie;

Your purchase will appear on your Flying Blue Shop for Miles account within 2 to 7 business days after your purchase and your Miles will be validated within 48 hours to 90 days, if all conditions have been met.."
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Here is their answer to my quesiton about the maening of "make your FB miles take off with LCAH":
ok , wording wasnt clear for me , anyway its still a temporary offer (or maybe iam also wrong)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:56 am

ok , wording wasnt clear for me , anyway its still a temporary offer (or maybe iam also wrong)
It has been around for a while, as I have discovered a Shopformiles/Accor link in my browser favourites. I don't remember when I did it, which means it was a while ago.

Anyhow, I have made a booking for January at Pullman Dresden and will report on the posting of miles and/or points.

The booking is already showing in my Shopformiles account history for a whopping amount of 264 miles.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:37 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

whopping amount of 264 miles.
omg ! thats insane ! to give you an idea , when i can found smtg with a good ratio price/distance/miles from pointshound i can get 5 time more than this

i dont know how you missed this partnership between FB and LCAH , it was in place for quite a while in 2017 , easily visible while booking flights , in less than 6 months earned enough miles to enjoy long haul promo awards just with these bookings
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:14 pm

i dont know how you missed this partnership between FB and LCAH , it was in place for quite a while in 2017 , easily visible while booking flights , in less than 6 months earned enough miles to enjoy long haul promo awards just with these bookings
Don't shame me. I am blushing already.

I guess I never thought of of it because I tried with car rentals and it was a mess.

As I was LCAH Plat, I never thought of booking other than via Accor websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.