Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No single promo award available?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

No single promo award available?

This is really odd. First of all count me into the group of people that hate the new pricing and lack of calendar, but I tried to search availability for Promo Awards one way from Amsterdam to:

Dubai
Abu Dhabi
Washington

I literally checked every day. I do see the lowest normal pricing quite often (22.500 in Y) but never the 50%. I did the same when the new inventory was just launched and for Dubai got availability for 11K almost every day.

Did Flying Blue pull all promo awards?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hypervoyage
This is really odd. First of all count me into the group of people that hate the new pricing and lack of calendar, but I tried to search availability for Promo Awards one way from Amsterdam to:

Dubai
Abu Dhabi
Washington

I literally checked every day. I do see the lowest normal pricing quite often (22.500 in Y) but never the 50%. I did the same when the new inventory was just launched and for Dubai got availability for 11K almost every day.

Did Flying Blue pull all promo awards?
you are not alone !

the issue is that now you cant have a wide view of availbility , you need to search day by day , and dont forget the fact that prices are dynamic , so they change ''kind of randomly'' , because of your origin airport , the day of the week ,and so on.....

Therefore i understand what they mean by '' make FB easier to understand''

in my opinion , either there is a bug , or they released a very small amount of seats and now , 3 days later , they are gone

sunday morning ,i checked for auh, dxb or ptp and it was there , but wednesday morning when i came to book ..... gone !! nothing left !!!

Last edited by fifty_two; Jul 4, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

wow. well that’s almost a scam then, let’s hope it’s a bug indeed. I tried the same now with Tehran and come on, it’s impossible that for *this destination* all seats were suddenly sold out.

tomorrow I’ll try contacting them and literally have them search every day over the phone.

if that yields anything I’ll post it here
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:07 am

I got 4 seats AMS AUH on my desired date one way in business 50% off, so 22'500 miles!
Justin Case likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Cool! But when did you book them and what route / date? As it seems to be inventory was pulled yesterday morning
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The whole thing just seems to get worse and worse, it takes real tenacity from people like us to actually want to keep going with this. Indeed, it really is showing no availability. Just as well I wasn’t counting on it. I really wonder if they will finally wake up and realize how awful it is and go back to how it was before.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
And even flights that show O9 availability have crazy redemption levels or even sometimes don't appear at all. I checked one CDG SEZ flight that is available in all classes J9C9D9I9Z9O9, and also on all economy classes, it shows up as available only for Y redemption.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
And even flights that show O9 availability have crazy redemption levels or even sometimes don't appear at all. I checked one CDG SEZ flight that is available in all classes J9C9D9I9Z9O9, and also on all economy classes, it shows up as available only for Y redemption.
check again now should be ok . but different dates and if possible departure airports
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Confirmed glitch

Update: I contacted KLM both via social media and over the phone. There indeed seems to be a glitch on both the app and the website.

for all the dates where the lowest normal amount of point was available (eg. AMS - DXB = 22.000 in Y), the agent could also find the promo award (at 50%, so 11.000).

This might help in planning but it’s of course not a guarantee. In any case you need to call to make a final booking as the website does not offer the promo.

Helpful agents, but terrible IT infrastructure. This needs to be fixed ASAP if you ask me
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
I always call to book promo awards and have never had a problem. KLM's FB systems have had "glitches" for years.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
I always call to book promo awards and have never had a problem. KLM's FB systems have had "glitches" for years.
Glad this works for you, but of course, this is ridiculous. For me it's the opposite, I booked over 25 award tickets online without any issues. Also, on hold music...? Could you please check the day after? Yes so, the confirmation is B as in Bravo, E as in...

It's 2018. I want a working website that includes promotions. Pretty sure they don't have "glitches" with that on their revenue tickets
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
ok, have a good trip. Wow 25 awards booked on-line, I'm ridiculously impressed. Yes I agree it is 2018 and friendly people are hard to find on this site.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: BA/KLM/TK/MH GOLD
Is anyone able find any promo awards? I am trying to book some to SEZ but only shows the normal amounts!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

It differs, but for instance for Abu Dhabi and Washington I now see the promo awards.

Also thank God, finally the multiple date search (Calendar)is back online
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BA/KLM/TK/MH GOLD
Quick call to the Dutch Flying Blue customer care line and tickets were booked and issued - yay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.