Wiki Posts
Search

XP from non-SkyTeam flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
XP from non-SkyTeam flights

When booking at AFKL websites you often get a leg from various small non-SkyTeam carriers. Does Flying Blue give you XP on these legs, when they are booked via AFKL?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You’ll have to give us more information about those mysterious “various small non-Skyteam carriers” if you want an accurate answer. But basically, any flight booked under AF/KL/A5/KQ/RO/SB code will give you XPs and miles in FB, even if operated by non-Skyteam carriers. Very few exceptions apply (I have in mind some flights to Corsica operated by XK)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
So for instance if one books, e.g., CDG-KBP under an AF code, but operated by PS, one gets the XPs? How about Belavia?

Interesting, I would've assumed no XPs for non-skyteam operated flights.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:54 am
Original Poster

For instance BGO-AMS-GRU-SCL from klm.com with the GRU-SCL leg operated by Gol (26.09.2018). I found another leg with BGO-KRS-AMS with the KRS-AMS leg operated by Wideroe.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dc9northwest
So for instance if one books, e.g., CDG-KBP under an AF code, but operated by PS, one gets the XPs? How about Belavia?

Interesting, I would've assumed no XPs for non-skyteam operated flights.
Originally Posted by KLBGO
For instance BGO-AMS-GRU-SCL from klm.com with the GRU-SCL leg operated by Gol (26.09.2018). I found another leg with BGO-KRS-AMS with the KRS-AMS leg operated by Wideroe.
Again, as said in my post (#2), any flight booked under AF/KL/A5/KQ/RO/SB code will give you XPs and miles in FB, even if operated by non-Skyteam carriers (with only very few exceptions).
For some carriers, even if they are not in Skyteam, you can earn also FB miles (but generally no XP) when booked under their code in certain booking classes. All details are on the partners page of FB site :
https://www.flyingblue.co.uk/en/part...lse&earn=false

Again (just to make sure it is clear for you), those partner pages are giving you the conditions for FB only when you book under the partner code. If you book under AF or KL flight numbers, it is the usual AFKL/FB condition that apply.

If the carrier you are looking for is not listed in this page, it means that you will earn miles and XPs only when booked on the AF/KL code-share.

If we take the example of Gol (G3), a non-Skyteam airline.
https://www.flyingblue.co.uk/en/part...l/presentation
The partner page I have linked says you can earn miles and spend miles. It doesn’t say that you can earn XP. So it means that:
- when flight is booked under G3 code, you will earn miles as per the conditions explained in the linked page. Miles earning will be based on distance and booking class. No XP will be earned.
- when flight is booked under AF or KL code share, you will earn miles based on the price paid and you will earn XPs.

Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Among the European SkyTeam airlines I believe that you have to watch out for AZ and UX if the operating carrier is anything but SkyTeam. In the early 2000s I got miles for JL operated AZ coded flights. That wouldn’t happen now. And UX used to be a home player with FB and no longer is, so I’m not sure about those numerous flights operated by the likes of Swiftair. Even in the old days you couldn’t get miles for UX segments operated by the Renfe Spanish train network, so it’s all pretty inconsistent.

A mystery for me is Aeroflot, because lots of their flights are operated by entities such as Rossiya and other scary things I’ve never heard of! But then, you don’t get a whole lot of XPs for domestic flights anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
Among the European SkyTeam airlines I believe that you have to watch out for AZ and UX if the operating carrier is anything but SkyTeam. In the early 2000s I got miles for JL operated AZ coded flights. That wouldn’t happen now. And UX used to be a home player with FB and no longer is, so I’m not sure about those numerous flights operated by the likes of Swiftair. Even in the old days you couldn’t get miles for UX segments operated by the Renfe Spanish train network, so it’s all pretty inconsistent.
There is no change on this with the new FB rules, as this is a Skyteam rule. For instance, an EY-operated flight booked under AZ code doesn’t earn anything in FB. UX used to have FB as their FFP, as you rightly pointed out, but this is not the case anymore but they are still in Skyteam so the usual rules apply. The case of UX flights operated by Swiftair is interesting indeed and I believe they were eligible for FB earnings because it is a lease or franchise agreement between the 2 airlines and those flights are purely marketed by UX and not by Swiftair. It is the same as the AF flights operated by CityJet under a franchise agreement.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jun 24, 2018 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
When booking at AFKL websites you often get a leg from various small non-SkyTeam carriers. Does Flying Blue give you XP on these legs, when they are booked via AFKL?
only when they are booked as an AF- or KL-flight number.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Among the European SkyTeam airlines I believe that you have to watch out for AZ and UX if the operating carrier is anything but SkyTeam.
All flights have to be both marketed and operated by a Skyteam airline.

The only exception is when an AF- or KL- coded flight is operated by a non-Skyteam airline. They will earn XPs in Flying Blue but won't earn status miles in any other Skyteam programmes.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:36 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
[LEFT]
Again, as said in my post (#2), any flight booked under AF/KL/A5/KQ/RO/SB code will give you XPs and miles in FB, even if operated by non-Skyteam carriers (with only very few exceptions).
I'm not sure if I ran into an exception, but my RO flight operated by an *A carrier did not get me any miles in FB. My impression is that this rule only applies to AF/KL coded flights.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm not sure if I ran into an exception, but my RO flight operated by an *A carrier did not get me any miles in FB. My impression is that this rule only applies to AF/KL coded flights.
I definitely don’t have the answer for this case, but it seems strange to me. Because, what’s the point of being able to book this flight under RO code if there is no FB benefit associated to it, knowing that FB is the FFP of RO (this is a key point to take into consideration) ?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

So if one books via klm.com or airfrance.com, you should get XPs from every leg no matter what or who is the operator.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

So if one books via klm.com or airfrance.com, you should get XPs from every leg no matter what or who is the operator.
no, that’s not what we said. We said: book flights with AF/KL flight numbers, but you can use whatever booking channel suits you.. AF or KL website may give you sometimes flights with the operator flight number so you have to be careful, although they usually display mostly AF/KL flight numbers.
irishguy28 and KLBGO like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I often fly AF operated by OU (a *A member) and it gives both XP and miles.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Somnifer
I often fly AF operated by OU (a *A member) and it gives both XP and miles.
your flight is AF coded so it is normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.