Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

La Première award seats now available to non elites??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

AF seems to be offering LP award seats to non elites at the same price, at least this morning.
Using both my Silver account and another non status account, they both see the same LAX-CDG LP availability for 200K.

Is this a permanent part of the FB changes? If so, there's no point for me to re-up Silver.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I saw the same last night. Wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
still true today for a lowly explorer
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not sure this is really bookable.
I just tried to put one on hold with a FB agent and my confirmation came back as Premium Economy. LOL
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Called back and another agent says that F availability for non-elites is just not bookable.
He said that even though it may show availability online, it would error out when you try to purchase unless you are FB elite.

Speaking as a lowly Silver, I'm glad to hear that this was a false alarm and that F availability is still available only to FB elites. ^
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:38 am

Thanks for the info and clarifying the end result SFO777.
Much appreciated!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:19 am

Seems kind of misleading for them to say "Spend your Miles to book any available seat on the plane on flights with Air France..."
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:23 pm

Incredibly, this bug is still showing on their system. I wonder if they are considering implementing it for all members
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
I think I saw a notice on FB website that La Premiere upgrades become more accessible by removing (or relaxing?) the eligibility criteria and allowing more booking classes to upgrade. However, my recent call to FB has shown no changes to that policy. Well at least they confirmed the mileage pricing to upgrade from business to first is fixed and not dynamic.

Added: to be precise I did not ask about eligibility of a passenger actually, just about the eligibility of fares.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lamorindaflyer
Seems kind of misleading for them to say "Spend your Miles to book any available seat on the plane on flights with Air France..."
But is has always been a feature that La Première seats simply are not available to Ivories/Explorers/non-Flying Blue elites, using miles!

(Except for that one glorious offer where La Première was exceptionally included in the PromoAw@rds): Award promotion on AF First class
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by irishguy28
(Except for that one glorious offer where La Première was exceptionally included in the PromoAw@rds): Award promotion on AF First class
Thanks for this flashback from the past! We were so innocent back in the days when we were shocked Europe Asia became 260k one way... now it's been a while it costs 320k one way
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFO777
AF seems to be offering LP award seats to non elites at the same price, at least this morning.
Using both my Silver account and another non status account, they both see the same LAX-CDG LP availability for 200K.

Is this a permanent part of the FB changes? If so, there's no point for me to re-up Silver.
SO I have a question I have booked Biz to VCE this fall and having never flown AF First before is it worth the upgrade ? Biz is not bad on the 380 going over the pond.

Thanks

Ghostrider
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by edgewood49
SO I have a question I have booked Biz to VCE this fall and having never flown AF First before is it worth the upgrade ? Biz is not bad on the 380 going over the pond.

Thanks

Ghostrider
Actually, Business is pretty weak on the AF A380 compared to other airlines in the sens that it's not lie-flat...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49

Thanks

Ghostrider
Unless you have Flying Blue status, you won't be able to use miles - which would have to be Flying Blue miles - to redeem in/upgrade to La Première.

[Given that you chose a thread about redemptions in F, I can only assume that this is how you were thinking about 'upgrading" to F]
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Unless you have Flying Blue status, you won't be able to use miles - which would have to be Flying Blue miles - to redeem in/upgrade to La Première.

[Given that you chose a thread about redemptions in F, I can only assume that this is how you were thinking about 'upgrading" to F]

I have an opportunity SFO-CDG to up to first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.