FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   La Première award seats now available to non elites?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1912182-la-premiere-award-seats-now-available-non-elites.html)

SFO777 Jun 1, 2018 10:05 am

La Première award seats now available to non elites??

AF seems to be offering LP award seats to non elites at the same price, at least this morning.
Using both my Silver account and another non status account, they both see the same LAX-CDG LP availability for 200K.

Is this a permanent part of the FB changes? If so, there's no point for me to re-up Silver.

seawolf Jun 1, 2018 11:29 am

I saw the same last night. Wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not.

brunos Jun 1, 2018 12:03 pm

still true today for a lowly explorer

SFO777 Jun 1, 2018 12:50 pm

Not sure this is really bookable.
I just tried to put one on hold with a FB agent and my confirmation came back as Premium Economy. LOL

SFO777 Jun 1, 2018 1:23 pm

Called back and another agent says that F availability for non-elites is just not bookable.
He said that even though it may show availability online, it would error out when you try to purchase unless you are FB elite.

Speaking as a lowly Silver, I'm glad to hear that this was a false alarm and that F availability is still available only to FB elites. ^

agjil Jun 2, 2018 2:38 am

Thanks for the info and clarifying the end result SFO777.
Much appreciated!

lamorindaflyer Jun 3, 2018 1:19 am

Seems kind of misleading for them to say "Spend your Miles to book any available seat on the plane on flights with Air France..."

bruinfever Jun 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Incredibly, this bug is still showing on their system. I wonder if they are considering implementing it for all members

Keter Jun 28, 2018 11:38 pm

I think I saw a notice on FB website that La Premiere upgrades become more accessible by removing (or relaxing?) the eligibility criteria and allowing more booking classes to upgrade. However, my recent call to FB has shown no changes to that policy. Well at least they confirmed the mileage pricing to upgrade from business to first is fixed and not dynamic.

Added: to be precise I did not ask about eligibility of a passenger actually, just about the eligibility of fares.

irishguy28 Jun 29, 2018 3:55 am

Originally Posted by lamorindaflyer (Post 29822654)
Seems kind of misleading for them to say "Spend your Miles to book any available seat on the plane on flights with Air France..."

But is has always been a feature that La Première seats simply are not available to Ivories/Explorers/non-Flying Blue elites, using miles!

(Except for that one glorious offer where La Première was exceptionally included in the PromoAw@rds): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...rst-class.html

ranskis Jun 30, 2018 1:05 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29919356)
(Except for that one glorious offer where La Première was exceptionally included in the PromoAw@rds): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...rst-class.html

Thanks for this flashback from the past! We were so innocent back in the days when we were shocked Europe Asia became 260k one way... now it's been a while it costs 320k one way :)

edgewood49 Jul 9, 2018 7:17 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 29817614)
AF seems to be offering LP award seats to non elites at the same price, at least this morning.
Using both my Silver account and another non status account, they both see the same LAX-CDG LP availability for 200K.

Is this a permanent part of the FB changes? If so, there's no point for me to re-up Silver.

SO I have a question I have booked Biz to VCE this fall and having never flown AF First before is it worth the upgrade ? Biz is not bad on the 380 going over the pond.

Thanks

Ghostrider

glennhaak Jul 9, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 29953847)
SO I have a question I have booked Biz to VCE this fall and having never flown AF First before is it worth the upgrade ? Biz is not bad on the 380 going over the pond.

Thanks

Ghostrider

Actually, Business is pretty weak on the AF A380 compared to other airlines in the sens that it's not lie-flat...

irishguy28 Jul 9, 2018 11:45 am

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 29953847)

Thanks

Ghostrider

Unless you have Flying Blue status, you won't be able to use miles - which would have to be Flying Blue miles - to redeem in/upgrade to La Première.

[Given that you chose a thread about redemptions in F, I can only assume that this is how you were thinking about 'upgrading" to F]

edgewood49 Jul 9, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 29954824)
Unless you have Flying Blue status, you won't be able to use miles - which would have to be Flying Blue miles - to redeem in/upgrade to La Première.

[Given that you chose a thread about redemptions in F, I can only assume that this is how you were thinking about 'upgrading" to F]

I have an opportunity SFO-CDG to up to first.